My first PRS - 594 Artist

A bit more back story. I had decided I wanted a PRS to fill the LP tone zone in my life, because ergonomically LP's just don't fit me. I was just looking at the models on the PRS website and the 594 obviously fit the bill of what I was looking for. (Mahogany/Maple body, carved top, 2 humbuckers, 2 piece stoptail bridge)

So I did a Reverb search just to get a look at what was available for 594 as far as specs and finishes. A few popped up in my search, including the new S2 models. I decided I wanted to go core just to get the fully carved top. This one really drew my eye, so it was the first one I clicked on. I decided at that point that the 594 was the right model for me. I had no idea what 10 top or artist or anything like that meant at the time, I just liked how this one looked. I realized it had some unusual specs from the regular core 594, but my intent was to order from a local dealer so I didn't think this guitar would actually be mine. I was just going to order one in a regular color.

It wasn't until then that I looked at the Reverb posting to see where it was. At that point I was shocked to realize it was actually my local dealer's Reverb page! From there it seemed kind of like fate so I called and asked if I could come down to check it out, having never even held a PRS guitar before. I knew in the first 3 notes it was a great guitar and made it happen.

The problem is now I'm lusting after a 24-08 and/or a Hollowbody II Piezo. I guess you guys can identify with that.
Great story and beautiful guitar. Congrats!

Back