My first Paul Reed Smith

These are my three guitars that I practice with just about every day . Of course my PRS SE 24 and my handmade Ren Ferguson custom shop Gibson Songwriter Deluxe and my Adirondack and African mahogany Fender Paramount 000. I write just about all my original stuff on either one of the two acoustic guitars and then I work out whatever solo work on my PRS.

And of course my Marshall Origin amp which of all my amps I love the best.

48mgHQOr.jpg

Last edited:
At the end of the day I found the Best high there is , is when a group of musicians are playing together and you reach that special plane where everything becomes telepathic. Where nothing needs to be said. When all the musical Souls and mind's melt together and the music becomes almost like rapture

Forget about whatever money you're being paid forget about however big the audience is if there is even one, it's really all about that special moment

Nice guitar, of course, but even nicer sentiment. Right you are!

“What are they saying about the insanity thing, Les?”

“Beats me, Les.”

“I knew you’d say that.”

“You were right.”

“Well, I know how your mind works.”

“Nobody understands me better than you do. It’s why we share a body.”

Last edited:
I just read an interesting post on the TDPRI
Website that was titled why do people hate PRS guitars. Lots of posts and I them interesting especially people really hated them so to speak, some people really love them and some who like them but would never necessarily Ever buy One
If he hasn't already I think it would be an interesting thing for Paul Reed Smith to read.

I found it interesting, obviously I'm not one of those people who hate them. I think they're wonderful for what they are, basically a Swiss Army knife of a guitar IMHO

Welcome to the club!

Its a slippery slope, once you taste a SE you'll want to taste another, then its a slippery slope down the road to a S2 or as it was when i took the jump, straight to a core model. Now Im 5 deep, having had another but sold it to fund another. The theres the planning of 2 more. You will keep your Gibsons and Fenders alongside for when you need them but you will always come back to playing a PRS as your #1, 2 and 3 once you have bought enough of them!!!

Ask yourself this question, when was the last Festival, Gig or Show you went to see, and there wasn't at least one PRS on stage for one of the bands you went to see, or another question, when have you gone more than 2 Gigs or Shows in a row that didn't have at least one PRS in it in the last 5 years. My answer is 3 shows in the past 5 years that didn't have at least one PRS guitar in it somewhere.

Its a infection, that becomes a disease, a disease that cannot and will not be cured no matter how much research is done by medical students in laboratories across the world. Welcome to the sickness!!!

I truly understand the disease and the addiction. I have multiple Fenders and Gibson's and many others that I have multiples of. This being my first PRS I'm pretty sure it's not going to be my last. Being retired I haven't been to a show in years so I couldn't tell you that for certain but I'll take your word for it.

and I'll take your word for it based on what I have in my hands and that would be this SE 24 custom and all I can tell you right now is this guitar has made me put all the other ones in too long closet naps if that tells you anything

Just in case anyone wants a good hardcase for their SE PRS 24/22 style guitar Sweetwater sells a perfect fit well made Gator light weight ABS and aluminum one for a good price. Rounded corners solid latches and two decent sized compartments. In case the gig bag isn't enough. See the picture of mine back on page one.

I'm not pitching them, just a suggestion from experience. Just ask a sales rep they will guide you to it.

Like 119.00 + free shipping. That's where I got mine and they have a program called "Certi-Fit" where they try every single guitar in their inventory in to every single case they stock and find the ones that fit that particular guitar the best. That's why I bought the Gator one. The PRS case is 199.00 and the Gator case is a better fit.

I just got an Indonesia-made SE Custom 24, Zebrawood, and I couldn't be happier. Absolutely world class construction. And sound of course. :) I would have no problem recommending these Cor-Tek made axes to anyone.

Yes, the PRS thang has stirred up my GAS!

Over the years I’ve given everything every chance.

5 years ago I bought a used Swamp Ash Special with a bolt-on maple neck, and shortly afterwards a used CU -22.

They eventually went down in trades (GAS is insanity).

Fast FWD to lately:
Over the years I’ve been slowly gravitating towards Custom Shop stuff because they seem more “finished,” especially in the fret work.

Welp, naturally enough that led me back to PRS!
Bought a used “Paul’s Guitar,” on a good deal, then soon after scored a brand new McCarty 594.
That just stirred up my “buysees.”

This forum just does NOT help my disease. So much beauty!
And I know where there is a used Santana II for sale. Oh my.

Once I work my way back to just broke, I intend to check out some “lesser” models.
Glad to hear they’re not really lesser at all!

Yes it’s true: I love all my guitars, but some are in danger of being neglected for a while...

Back