My first NEW PRS of 2018 - YAY!

Well, the first from my list of 5 arrived last week. It's an S2 Singlecut Standard in Satin Aqua. As Usual, it is totally amazing!!! I'll be taking it down to Cape Coral, FL this weekend for its first-ever gig!!

I’m not normally a pastel person, but that satin aqua looks incredible! Congrats!

Love the aqua sparkle! Now you need Sergio to relic it, but get it in writing for him not to change the color! :D

Wow, love the color! The whole look is fantastic. The fingerboard has some killer figure too...

Thanks everyone! I am enjoying it - a lot. I ended up having a quick medical issue (epilepsy) and had to sell the Ice Blue Metallic S2. In life we do what we have to do, and at first I was ok with selling that one because it had been in the bag for a while. Then I started to miss it, lol. I began a search for another - but after 6 months, none appeared :(

The "lost" love:

That guitar is the one that SOLD me on the brand after many years of trying to make myself like and use CE24s (great guitars, just NEVER worked for me). I should have kept it, but what can you do - right?

Anyway, eventually I saw these aqua satins. I had been debating a white one, but I am a product of the 80's - I want SOME flash, you know....

The color on this guitar is A LOT like the "Lucerne Aqua Firemist" that Fender has used on some of the Eric Johnson strats. It (and lake placid blue) is one of my FAVORITE "classic" colors. It is REALLY difficult to capture on camera. I color treated the pics to try to bring it out more - but it's still not totally there. It really is an Aqua, not really a "blue". It has some metallic in it also, which brings out the "flash".

I have always said that if I EVER got an official model from PRS it would be the S2 Singlecut Standard. I used in rehearsal the other night for the first time, and it was a magical experience. My playing was on fire and I was inspired. To me, that makes an instrument GREAT! We have three shows this month - including opening for "Obituary" on Jan 17. I am making it my personal goal to use this guitar on all three shows. Sounds silly, but I play a different PRS every show. I love them all, but I want to try to become a "one guitar" dude (not in ownership, lol) - though it probably won't happen!!

Potential mods????

Hmmmm - the color is SOOOOOOO awesome, I need to finish it off by adding a mint green or parchment colored pickguard. The plain, bright white is cool - but NOT as cool as the guitar would look with mint or parchment. I am SERIOUSLY debating changing the 7s to 57/08s. I LOVE the 57/08, but those Korean 7s sound really good for what my band plays - I know the change would make the guitar sound great (no debate there - almost all my PRS' have 57/08s), but will I make the guitar "generic" in my arsenal if I DO make the change? That's my only debate question - the guitar kills as is, so why change it - you know? Obviously I already added my quirky chicken-head knob for the neck volume. Silly, but that just works for me onstage - helps me tell which is which, and lets me easily adjust the volume ration to where I like for the neck pickup!

Anyway, I am LOVING it - and it is an equally loved replacement for the one that needed to sail away....

Gorgeous!

And I like the way you think - first of 2018!

LOL, yeah - my list of 5 was serious!! Not sure I'll nab ALL 5, but I'll have 2 of them before the first quarter of 2018 is done! Next is the S2 Studio in Antique White.

Love the aqua sparkle! Now you need Sergio to relic it, but get it in writing for him not to change the color! :D

HAHAHAHA, right on!!! I kind of agree with him about MOST blue guitars - like my SC250 in Whale Blue....TOTALLY not my choice of color. If I had bought that one new, WB would have NEVER been an issue. The Aqua - or anything in the Lake Placid Blue "family", though? Man, that's my color!!! Been in love with that color since seeing the back of King Diamond's "Abigail" record, where Andy LaRocque is holding that LPB strat....that was the guitar!!!!! Well, until I played a strat....was never my thing - I am more of a tele guy!!

Well, the first from my list of 5 arrived last week. It's an S2 Singlecut Standard in Satin Aqua. As Usual, it is totally amazing!!! I'll be taking it down to Cape Coral, FL this weekend for its first-ever gig!!

Ok, what do you use on the rosewood to get the deep rich sheen ? I've used D'Addario lemon oil and it doesn't stay that dark after a day or so. Beautiful guitar !

Back