My first issue with a Reverb sale

One time a Reverb buyer complained I sent it sign to receive. He claimed he was never home and had to make special arrangements to have it signed for. It ended up working out.

If this doesn't work out it may be best to confirm Sig delivery with the buyer before ship, to avoid some of this. Its a fine line. My thought is if Reverb messaging has the buyer confirm no sign then the onus is on them.

Sorry man, good you're not too upset, and you have 2 Vela again!!!
My last Reverb guitar purchase (a certain German store’s house brand for a mod project) was sent via UPS and seemed to require an sig, but they apparently just left it at my door.

Point being: UPS is a possible party to blame here too.

One time a Reverb buyer complained I sent it sign to receive. He claimed he was never home and had to make special arrangements to have it signed for. It ended up working out.

If this doesn't work out it may be best to confirm Sig delivery with the buyer before ship, to avoid some of this. Its a fine line. My thought is if Reverb messaging has the buyer confirm no sign then the onus is on them.

Sorry man, good you're not too upset, and you have 2 Vela again!!!

If you use Reverb's insurance you have to set sig required over a couple hundred bucks. Also, I did try to let him know, or assumed I did, but since he never responded to any messages there was no way to confirm in advance.

My last Reverb guitar purchase (a certain German store’s house brand for a mod project) was sent via UPS and seemed to require an sig, but they apparently just left it at my door.

Point being: UPS is a possible party to blame here too.

If you have a UPS MyChoice account you can set it to not have to sign, even if the package is sent signature required. That is one of the options I messaged to the buyer when he didn't sign the first day.

If you have a UPS MyChoice account you can set it to not have to sign, even if the package is sent signature required. That is one of the options I messaged to the buyer when he didn't sign the first day.
I think that’s after the first failed attempt tho, right?

UPS kinda sucks because you can’t redirect to a UPS store until you have an ISO notice from a failed attempt. FedEx lets you change anytime.

I think that’s after the first failed attempt tho, right?

UPS kinda sucks because you can’t redirect to a UPS store until you have an ISO notice from a failed attempt. FedEx lets you change anytime.
FedEx every time. I can’t even get my local UPS to hold a package without them wanting to charge me for the hold.

Stuff like this really makes wish we could sell and trade freely on here. Make it so you need 100 posts or so before you could list. That sure would deter scammers.
I have the same sentiment about being able to trade/negotiate here, but I can understand why actual transactions would NOT be supported as there are way too many cogs in that wheel! I don't believe 100 posts, would be the best prevention method though. I could write a bot tonight that would set up a new account, post 100 bullsh!t messages, and then I am in. Not sure what would be the best prevention in letting bad things happen, but then again, if the platform is not the transaction layer, that removes a lot of responsibility (and yes there are ways to plant breadcrumbs to spread the word here, but, come on)!!!

It's complicated, I get that ;~))

As for UPS/FedEx, I am UPS all the way (but actually love USPS even more)! First and foremost, my current UPS driver is the coolest delivery person I have ever "known". I may have had a cool driver that I might like more in the past, but I did not know them (with UPS or other carriers), never really met them. Me and this UPS guy, for the past 15 years, have gotten to know each other, and therefore, it is not about brand or their current technology, but the individual I am exposed to that is representing that company in my world. That can make a HUGE difference in any situation. My driver has been with UPS for 34 years, and he is retiring at the end of Jan '23!!! I will truly miss him and I hope to run in to him around town!

Power to the Aahzz, may Vela's prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FedEx every time. I can’t even get my local UPS to hold a package without them wanting to charge me for the hold.

I had a very expensive amplifier that was shipped via Fed Ex with signature required left at my front door. Driver checked off that it was signed for which was impossible since I was not at home at that time. Signing for packages is a pain for me but I accept that pain for the added protection of not having very expensive pieces of equipment left outside at my door. I was not a happy person and let Fed Ex know about it.

What a strange situation. Hopefully the buyer has not had something bad happen to them.

I have had packages left that said they were signed for that were definitely not signed for. The silly part about it is that I have had it happen while working from home. I have received notifications on my phone that a package was delivered that was supposed to be signed for. I go out and check my porch and there it is. Thankfully this has not happened when the package would have set there all day. I used to have stuff shipped to me at the office as to not have this happen.

Hopefully they either let you keep the payment or deduct the shipping both ways from it and refund the rest. Have you heard anything yet?

They're requiring me to issue a refund as of this morning. I'm allowed to deduct shipping, but it seems right now that if I do that, they won't refund the Reverb fees...they're offering me a $50 credit for my troubles, which doesn't quite cover it...I've asked for clarification because they've got me confused.

It’s really odd that someone would pay and then just disappear. Are you in a Twilight Zone episode?

There was a bit on a comedy sketch show (can't remember which one) where a couple guys were 'pranking' fast food drive-thru workers. They'd pull up, make a big order, pull to the window, hand over their money, then pull away laughing like they'd gotten away with something. That's what this thread reminded me of.

Did you buy chance give the buyer a call? I had something simpler happen with a guitar I sold on Reverb. The guitar went out for two deliveries next one would have been a ship back to seller. I used the tel# Reverb had and called the buyer and explained the series of events and they went to UPS and picked up the guitar. It appeared to be an older fella that was at work so never home when they delivered. It all worked out but I feel the phone call clarified the situation. Good luck with your case.

They're requiring me to issue a refund as of this morning.

“Requiring?” On what grounds?! So the buyer is allowed to charge his mind at this point? That’s bull****.
At this point, it seems to me that the buyer would have to make arrangements at his cost to get the guitar in his hands. Sounds like Reverb simply wants the easy way out.

Could the buyer be a minor?

“Requiring?” On what grounds?! So the buyer is allowed to charge his mind at this point? That’s bull****.
At this point, it seems to me that the buyer would have to make arrangements at his cost to get the guitar in his hands. Sounds like Reverb simply wants the easy way out.

Could the buyer be a minor?

Which is exactly why I decided to ask for an escalation. As far as I'm concerned, it's his guitar, and I'm just holding onto it until he makes arrangements to get it. He has been contacted by both me and Reverb, the ball is in his court IMO.

Back