MY FIRST GUITAR!!

Not my first guitar, but the first one that was worth playing.
CK_1980PClassicalWithMusicAAA.JPG

I dig your TV. I remember in my earliest years, we got 4 channels (with “rabbit ears”). I also remember getting our first color TV when I was in grade school. We would ooh and ahh when the peacock showed its feathers on NBC. Some years later, my buds and I would ooh and ahh at the “late night sparklies“ after all programming ended for the night. Big entertainment. We would blankly stare (in our altered state), and say things like “far out man” ala Cheech and Chong. :eek::oops::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I dig your TV. I remember in my earliest years, we got 4 channels (with “rabbit ears”). I also remember getting our first color TV when I was in grade school. We would ooo and aww when the peacock showed its feathers on NBC. Some years later, my buds and I would ooo and aww at the “late night sparklies“ after all programming ended for the night. Big entertainment. We would blankly stare, and say things like “far out man” ala Cheech and Chong. :eek::oops::rolleyes:

I used to have a letter from the local then-new UHF station with tips for how to get better reception from them. We had a roof antenna on a rotor - sometimes it seemed to take forever to get to the spot for the channel you wanted to watch. We also had four that we could watch well. One had a transmission tower near us. It was across the river from my grandmother's house, which made the signal there so strong she could get it w/o an antenna or rabbit ears.

And I'm old enough to remember when TV stations went off the air at night. When you weren't allowed to stay up that late, it was a magical thing to get to see it.

I also remember getting our first color TV when I was in grade school.
At one point we had TWO TVs. One was color that had good picture but no sound. The other was B&W that the sound worked, but the picture was off. So, we stacked them to get both picture and sound at the same time ....
1f923.png

Back