My final posting on the PRSforum

Huggy Love

Vintage member
It is with great sadness yet fondness that I must bid farewell to the PRSforum at this time. Unfortunately my spine issues have caught up with me and have forced me to minimize my computer use, requiring me to end my online presence and terminate recording via DAWs on the computer. I can still play the guitar and can do so without much pain but operating a computer becomes a painful affair even after short periods of five or 10 minutes.

I wanted to list all the good people that I've connected with here's at this forum but I didn't want to leave anybody out, and even though I am typing this through a vocal dictation program, I still can't spend that much time in front of the computer. (There's too many good people here)

All I can say is that this is one of the best forums I have belonged to, you folks are passionate about music and PRS guitars, Bodia is the nicest guy on the planet, Sergio gives this place some spice, and Les gives this place wisdom, it's a good recipe for a tasty stew. Cherish a place online where people are not at each other's throats for their views.

In parting, I will leave you with a rare live recording of Huggy (Tony) before my spine issues and even before I went mainstream jazz. A Carlos Santana/Jeff Beck influenced instrumental that displays one of my better guitar solos. Enjoy it and spend your time on this forum wisely, gaining knowledge and sharing positive vibes with each other.

https://soundcloud.com/tonybsongwriting/el-granada
(gear: PRS cu22, Mesa recto verb)

Best wishes to all
Huggy B (Tony)

I’m sorry to hear this, Tony, but I wish you the best luck going forward. You’ve been an absolute delight and a valued member of our little slice of the internet.

I want to thank you for all the good times, and hope we’ll meet again.

So sorry to hear about your health issues...it really sucks when you can't do some of the things you love. It's great that you can still play, and play well (just had another listen back through your SoundCloud page...very nice).

Sometimes, after a little time off, these things improve...we will all hope and pray that this is the case for you.

Sorry to hear this Tony. :(

So I'm an engineer, and consequently my first thought is to fix it. I can't help medically, but why not put a large flat screen TV over your bed and lay flat on your back (if that is comfortable), and read the forum? You could either type on a keyboard or use the virtual keyboard on the screen from Microsoft. Problem solved! o_O

No comments from the peanut gallery about the other possible uses of a large screen over the bed...:rolleyes:

Hi Tony,
I'm saddened by the idea that you cannot do some of the things that you like doing (and we like you doing too!).
It's terribly selfish of me, but I'd like to think you could get a tablet and be flat on your back whilst keeping this rag tag bunch of misfits in line!
That being said, you must do whatever it takes to stay as healthy as possible, so to heck with the rest of us as long as you're OK!
I must say that as much as I didn't like reading your post, I'm giving you a like anyway. Just cuz.;)
Be cool, stay strong, and please smack us (or just me) around when you can.

Man, I'm really sorry to hear about the health issues. If you can't find a way to stick around, we're going to miss you. I hope you can. Get an ipad or something.
:(

Your posts have been awesome over the years. I wish you all the best. Hopefully you can find something that will help with the pain & we will see you back here again shortly.

Sorry to see you leaving Tony, but we understand. Hopefully you’ll find a way back soon. Until then, thanks for hanging out and sharing! It really is a great place, and you’re part of that!

Very sorry to hear about the back issues, Tony. While my problems in no way approach yours, back issues suck big time.

You're a great asset to the forum, and I hope that stays present tense.

Have you considered or tried a tablet instead of a regular computer? One nice advantage is you can use 'em just about anywhere (like the 'research library').

Smooth travels, sir!

Sorry to hear about your back issues - I hope you find some relief for the discomfort and glad to hear that you can still play guitar!

Well wishes, Tony - taking care of your health is priority number one. A life without computers may turn out to be a blessing in disguise...

Take care of your health. Get a stand up desk!!!!

I enjoyed El Granada. Is that you singing on "Back Again"? Love the smooth vocals.

It is with great sadness yet fondness that I must bid farewell to the PRSforum at this time. Unfortunately my spine issues have caught up with me and have ...
Huggy B (Tony)
Tony, I hate to see you have these problems but believe me I can relate. After 3 spinal fusions, and other repairs when he was in there, my pain is getting progressively worse. I can play for about an hour, as long as I'm sitting, before the pain makes me stop. And, similarly, sitting at the computer must be rationed. I am going to see a surgeon at Pres St. Lukes in Chicago next week. This guy has published 300+ papers and hopefully has some ideas.

As you know all too well, people that don't suffer from chronic pain can't have an appreciation of it.

Your description of this forum and, specifically, several of its members reflects my experience perfectly. I hope that I'm capable of hanging around here for a while yet. Every possible good wish to you.

matonanjin (Ron)

Back