My EG-4 journey

EG4PRS

Hi I’m new to this not sure if I’m posting in the right place. Here’s my story while looking at Chicago Music Exchange I saw this red metallic PRS EG 4. There was just something about it that caught my attention. I had to see it. I then went to store and tried it . It just felt like home fit like a glove I had to have it. After looking at I could see someone had completely ruined the electronics different sizes used for pots. All pickups not original. Also pickgaurd was cracked and no truss or rear panel. I got started it had originally single coil Seymour Duncan’s and I went with a Seymour Duncan Humbucker . Now the rest I have a guitar teacher who uses PRS guitars he told me you need to call John Mann for parts. They were only produced in 1990- 1991 so it’s a rare bird. So John Mann responded and actually had prototype pick guards on hand . I was able to get a black pick guard to replace my white cracked one and tremolo cover. So it’s finally back together new electronics and pick guard. I love the guitar and thanks to John Mann and my guitar teacher Matt Engler. I don’t know how to post pictures please advise I’m using an Apple Phone? Thanks Bill

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new guitar.

Great that you got it where you want it to be.

Most people here use third party image hosts Imgur or Postimage. They seem to be the easiest to use and free.

Use the share to forum button and copy the code into this text box and the image will appear.

Looking forward to your pics.

Welcome and congratulations! I use Imgur, then copy the direct link to the "insert image" in the chat box. Seems to work. Look forward to seeing it!

Welcome EG4PRS. Damn cool guitar and a really compelling story too.

Back