My Dream PRS is on sale, Just one problem...

Try the reverse, then.

If all ten top PRS Guitars came with black backs, but they offered a clear finish on the back for an extra $700, would you spring for that option?

It boils down to the same choice.

Some people wouldn't think twice about it and do it, others wouldn't. If the answer is hell no, I wouldn't, then your choice is clear. If the answer is, I'd do it, then that's your answer.

That is a really excellent way to reframe the question!!

The top is just so nice. I am a sucker for those perfect "lines" in the wood, and always try to seek that out.

Oddly enough, I took my chances and reserved it with my dealer before it was finished, as they only made 60 (or maybe 80) of them. So I left the wood choice to random chance.

The tone on the thing is simply magic. I've had it for 5 years, and still marvel at how good it sounds.

I'd grab it because chances are someone else is contemplating the same thing and before you know it, it will be gone!

I ended up not getting it :/ It was a special offer they had sent the watchers, so if I change my mind, I will message them to ask if they can extend the offer. If they can't, it wasn't meant to be

There is just something so amazing looking about the aquamarine with the natural back:

So I am also continuing my search to find another aquamarine 35th Anniversary 10 top with the natural back. They are sold out on all of the big sites, but have my eye on a couple elsewhere 8)

I ended up not getting it :/ It was a special offer they had sent the watchers, so if I change my mind, I will message them to ask if they can extend the offer. If they can't, it wasn't meant to be

There is just something so amazing looking about the aquamarine with the natural back:

So I am also continuing my search to find another aquamarine 35th Anniversary 10 top with the natural back. They are sold out on all of the big sites, but have my eye on a couple elsewhere 8)
Enjoy the hunt!:)

DR3O7Yg.jpg

God, I love this color.

Be ware of guitar store, high contrast photo's. I saw this guitar on my shops site. I went to the store intending to buy it. When I saw it in person, the 10 top looked like a dark Blue. You could hardly see the wood grain. However the hybrid hardware did stand out, although it's hard to see in the photo. It was a little too bling for me. I bought a plainer core guitar, that had a more dramatic looking top, and Black back. YMMV!

PRS-C22-10-MAH-EIRW-CHARCOAL-BLUE-WRAP-BURST---280554-front-body__38816.1568143095.jpg

You chose wisely.

Natural back was one of my conditions, too. I’m glad I didn’t compromise on what I wanted, even though it cost me a lost more money.

After buying my maple neck silver sky I really wanted a blue rosewood one as well. I love the look of the faded blue strats with the journeyman finish and rosewood fingerboard but I really wanted the SS as I prefer the neck profile. My dealer had every colour in stock apart from blue. I persuaded myself a mocsand matt would be as good, and was about to buy it then after days of looking new stock came in at a different dealer that wasn’t due till much later in the year and despite having to have it delivered and risk damage i ordered a blue one and every time i get it out of the case I am SO glad I waited and got the blue one. Now I just need a subtle relic job done on it
I’m sure the right guitar will turn up for you.

Back