My DGT

Reo Clayton

I finally understand what it means to "connect" with a guitar. Yes, I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it, but it seriously feels like this guitar was made for me. I bought this guitar from Willcutt Guitars in Lexington, Kentucky. They were easy to deal with, provided same day shipping, and did a great set up on it before shipping it out. The weight of the guitar is perfect, it's well balanced, and the body is thinner than my LP and Tele and is very comfortable to play. The neck carve is really interesting. I have smaller man hands and have gotten used to the substantial neck on my LP. The DGT gives me the same feeling that there is plenty of wood there, but the way the shoulders taper off provides of sense of relief in my hand. The pickups are amazing as they can get downright nasty and clean up beautifully with a little roll-off of the volume. I've never had coil tapping on a guitar prior to this and the tonal possibilities are fun to experiment with. I could go on and bore you, all this to say I'm still pinching myself for owning this beauty.

(I just starting using Imgur so I hope the photos come through correctly)

SuGDdUj.jpg

ksjIbie.jpg

h86Zvcu.jpg

I finally understand what it means to "connect" with a guitar. Yes, I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it, but it seriously feels like this guitar was made for me. I bought this guitar from Willcutt Guitars in Lexington, Kentucky. They were easy to deal with, provided same day shipping, and did a great set up on it before shipping it out. The weight of the guitar is perfect, it's well balanced, and the body is thinner than my LP and Tele and is very comfortable to play. The neck carve is really interesting. I have smaller man hands and have gotten used to the substantial neck on my LP. The DGT gives me the same feeling that there is plenty of wood there, but the way the shoulders taper off provides of sense of relief in my hand. The pickups are amazing as they can get downright nasty and clean up beautifully with a little roll-off of the volume. I've never had coil tapping on a guitar prior to this and the tonal possibilities are fun to experiment with. I could go on and bore you, all this to say I'm still pinching myself for owning this beauty.

(I just starting using Imgur so I hope the photos come through correctly)

SuGDdUj.jpg

ksjIbie.jpg

h86Zvcu.jpg

PURE LIQUID GOLD! One of my favorite PRS guitars of all time.

Beautiful. I 100% believe in “connecting” with a guitar. It’s an amazing bond that really deepens how you play the guitar. One thing I do (that I took from my friend) is try to find what note resonates best with your guitar.

Back