My cloudy Private Stock

If you really like it and were going to keep it I'd have it repaired by PCT and accept the cost. But as you were thinking of selling I'd probably sell it at discount as is and accept the financial loss. But it's a tough call and depends a bit on what if you can sell it for with the cloudy finish Good luck.

surely there is a good luthier more local to you?

a quick google search shows products which work on cloudy nitro, so its a known thing

If you really like it and were going to keep it I'd have it repaired by PCT and accept the cost. But as you were thinking of selling I'd probably sell it at discount as is and accept the financial loss. But it's a tough call and depends a bit on what if you can sell it for with the cloudy finish Good luck.

Already tried giving discount, buyer won't take it. Only Steve offers $2500.. hahaha

surely there is a good luthier more local to you?

a quick google search shows products which work on cloudy nitro, so its a known thing

There are some good ones, however, I'm trying PRS PTC first as this is a Private Stock, just hope to get the "best" quality and service.. well...

i just can’t imagine being bugged much by cloudy nitro on a great guitar, because i got no imagination.

i just can’t imagine being bugged much by cloudy nitro on a great guitar, because i got no imagination.

I can't imagine being bothered by small wrinkles on a beautiful face, but look at Hollywood. Many ruin themselves over a few little wrinkles when they were gorgeous with the wrinkles (Courtney Cox).

btw, it's cloudiness on the acrylic (poly) finish.. with acrylic finish, it's supposed to stay shinny, right??

Not really. I have seen this cloudiness in an older Custom 24 I had. It was not as bad as yours, but certainly visible on the lower cutaway.

I do have several PRS in acrylic finishes, they all are kept in the case in the same room, I think the oldest one I have is 2004 (need to check to be sure), this one is 2006. Anyway, only this has cloudiness all over (as seen in the photos), the others so far no cloudiness.. thank goodness.. I just don't understand why only this guitar?? Should I blame my luck?

Back