my black friday special:) PRS SE245

jmacphee9

so like a few others on these forums, i got in on the sweetwater black friday deal. $349 shipped for my PRS SE 245 with the padded backpack style gig back. before i get to the guitar, i have to say how impressed i am by sweetwater. i bought the guitar friday at about 3am, and less then 36 hours it was in my hands. They also emailed me pictures of my actual guitar before it shipped! i think that is just too cool. when it arrived it had a note saying wait for the guitar to reach room temperature due to cold weather, so i gave it an hour and opened it up. first thing, they gave me candy, literally candy. a nice folder with invoices and care information and the such. a big square box and a nice guitar box that ill keep just in case. Stored inside its nice gig bag. Im a beginner-ish still and this is my first "nice" guitar IMO. i got my first guitar for Christmas and eventually bought a epi Dot that i enjoy but this is definitely in a different class. i get a chub when i see hard maple so i had to get it when i saw it at the price. PRS guitars had already caught my eye before, i just couldn't believe that it was so affordable. Sweetwater took their time to make sure it was ready to go, it plays perfectly. the strings drove me crazy though, i couldnt do the 9s, i gave a few hours of effort but i put 10s on it and i like it more.

on to pics:
some of the sweetwater ones

really couldnt be happier cant wait to progress on this guitar. i can tell im almost to the point of being an actual guitar player IMO, just a bit more effort away. it will be a bit more fun with this new toy as well:) now i just need an amp lol. not even a fresh PRS guitar can make a fender frontman 10g sound good..why do they give these to beginners? lol it makes everyone sound like they are bad even if they know what they are doing.

Got the same one today as well. Haven't had a chance to really dig into it yet, but it's pretty sweet for sure. A steal.

I saw this one at the last minute but couldn't make the transaction in time (I live in Middle East)
Congrats you made a big score,enjoy and play the heck out of it.

I saw this one at the last minute but couldn't make the transaction in time (I live in Middle East)
Congrats you made a big score,enjoy and play the heck out of it.
sorry to hear:( just got done playing for an hour or so, my most extended time with it yet. done with classes for the week on wednesday and ill probably be playing most of the day:)

I know I should be saying something about the guitar first but...holy crap they gave you candy?!?
2 packs of smarties, some tootsie rolls, and a few others. WIN!

Got the same one today as well. Haven't had a chance to really dig into it yet, but it's pretty sweet for sure. A steal.
hope you enjoy it as much as i am so far..the vintage yellow is perfect IMO, shows of some sexy flame maple.

Congratulations to you! Absolutely beautiful guitar. Looks WAY nicer than you would expect for the typical price, let alone what you paid.

Such a classy looking instrument. So classy, that the writing on the back of the headstock is a bit of a letdown.

Not a big deal, I suppose, in the whole scheme of things.

Enjoy in good health!

Kevin

The Sweetwater guys really know how to do business. I got the same treatment when all I bought was a $20 strap. (Well, minus the pics.)

so like a few others on these forums, i got in on the sweetwater black friday deal. $349 shipped for my PRS SE 245 with the padded backpack style gig back. before i get to the guitar, i have to say how impressed i am by sweetwater. i bought the guitar friday at about 3am, and less then 36 hours it was in my hands. They also emailed me pictures of my actual guitar before it shipped! i think that is just too cool. when it arrived it had a note saying wait for the guitar to reach room temperature due to cold weather, so i gave it an hour and opened it up. first thing, they gave me candy, literally candy. a nice folder with invoices and care information and the such. a big square box and a nice guitar box that ill keep just in case. Stored inside its nice gig bag. Im a beginner-ish still and this is my first "nice" guitar IMO. i got my first guitar for Christmas and eventually bought a epi Dot that i enjoy but this is definitely in a different class. i get a chub when i see hard maple so i had to get it when i saw it at the price. PRS guitars had already caught my eye before, i just couldn't believe that it was so affordable. Sweetwater took their time to make sure it was ready to go, it plays perfectly. the strings drove me crazy though, i couldnt do the 9s, i gave a few hours of effort but i put 10s on it and i like it more.

on to pics:
some of the sweetwater ones

really couldnt be happier cant wait to progress on this guitar. i can tell im almost to the point of being an actual guitar player IMO, just a bit more effort away. it will be a bit more fun with this new toy as well:) now i just need an amp lol. not even a fresh PRS guitar can make a fender frontman 10g sound good..why do they give these to beginners? lol it makes everyone sound like they are bad even if they know what they are doing.

I second all of this, as this was exactly my “Black Friday SE” experience too. Sweetwater blew me away with their service and attention to detail. And the guitar is super awesome too! My 8-year-old was thrilled with the little bag of candy. I agree about the 9’s. I may have to put some 10’s on mine too. I know it’s been said before but for a gig bag, the SE bag is the nicest you can get. I’m also a beginner (11 months) and this is my first nice guitar. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard that I made all kinds of mods to, and I thought it was great. Somehow it doesn’t seem so great anymore.

I love Sweetwater. Every purchase i've had with them has been an instance of perfect customer service. The candy is always a nice touch, i even asked them once jokingly if they had sweet tarts and he said he'd see what they could do. When the package arrived…. sweet tarts! I ordered a non-prs bass through them monday at 4:45pm and it just delivered. And then they call to see if everything is okay.

Brilliant, a model of how CS should be.

I also agree on the gig bag, i have 4 different ones, that i've gotten with guitar buys and the SE is by far the best one.

I believe they used to actually give you a nice box of chocolates but not it's just various candies. I could be wrong though. That really is a beautiful guitar.

Not sure how long ago with the box of chocolates. I bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio from them in 2007 and had a few candies thrown in there!

I believe they used to actually give you a nice box of chocolates but not it's just various candies. I could be wrong though. That really is a beautiful guitar.

Did you have to sand the nut slots a little bit?
used the guitar string to widen the whole, works great with the wrapped strings, this time im going to have to give the small strings a little boost, it worked with my tusq nuts but this nut isnt as hard and has a bit more grip.

Nice guitar. I got in on the Sweetwater deal as well and picked up a SE Custom 24 for $398. The setup was perfect; really low action, zero buzzing, intonation spot on and it was actually in tune. That's after shipping it 2,000 miles. Totally impressed with PRS and Sweetwater.

Very nice! Congratulation! I had at least three of them in my cart throughout the day, (plus a Gold Top or two!) but somehow resisted every time. They are a bargain at full price, but that was just ridiculous.

I'm glad to see that more than a few guys here were able to get in on that outrageous Sweetwater deal on the SE 245's and Custom 24's.

My Custom 24 is really beautiful in every way; the top is incredible with almost perfect bookmatching and a beautiful tobacco sunburst. I really dig this guitar and the raw nickel silver covers make it look super special.

Back