My bizzare but very cool craigslist swap...

slev

So I've been looking to sell a head that I have and raise some cash for a Budda SD 18W combo. I have my amp on my local CL for a week or two and a Budda SD 18 Combo pops up so I contact the owner, work out a swap and he wants to do the meet in the public place thing halfway between us which is fine. We meet up and when he gets out of his car he looks familiar to me but I just can't place the face and I figured it was just me. Nice guy, we exchange amps and we're on our way but I still can't shake the feeling I know the guy from somewhere. I get home, test drive the amp, fantastic btw, and then go online to do a bit of research to check out some settings and download a manual for the amp when I see him...it was Jeff Bober, co-owner and lead designer of Budda Amplification, current owner of East Amplification. I've had some interesting experiences when selling/trading gear on CL but nothing quite like this! Just wanted to share.

What did you trade for the combo?

An Orange DT and a bit of cash...well worth it. Just spent some after work quality time with the Budda and it is better than I had hoped. Cleans are chimey and there are a bunch of great OD to Distorted tones to be had. Very loud for 18 Watts but the master is great and I can keep most of the thick harmonic goodness down to bedroom levels. Very cool amp.

I've heard nothing but great things about Jeff, but I wouldn't trade my SD 18 for a DT. Nuh-uh. And I'm jonesing for some Orange action.

I've had the Budda for about 8 years now - great amp. I'd planned on getting a Mark IV when I bought it, but I got intimidated and my pusher showed me the Budda. I was pretty much blown away - and the price was great. Got the Mark IV a few years later, but I've never found the comfort level with it that I have w/the Budda. I'm mostly playing my 2-channel C these days, but the Budda still sees action. Big fan of the Budda (and not just because I look like one!).

I've heard nothing but great things about Jeff, but I wouldn't trade my SD 18 for a DT. Nuh-uh. And I'm jonesing for some Orange action.

I got the impression he was clearing some things out of his shop, not really looking for an Orange but he's an amp guy so what the heck. He said he had just sold another SD18 he had sitting around and mine pretty much looks unplayed.

Back