My beloved : iPhone 5

jfb

Plank Owner
I've had my iPhone 5 since release day and believe she just died. Hopefully she wakes up. I'm giving it a few hours before replacement.

Bummer.

Last edited:
As a techy I thought you would have had a better phone choice, Jesse! :p LOL

Turns out my battery borked.

Apple Store replaced it and I'm back up and running.

Awesome!

I'm still using a 4. It's a really nice phone, and mine's in perfect shape. I like it and see absolutely no advantage to getting a new one.

I got my wife a 5 and a new iPad for her birthday last winter, and have no urge for either one.

Early adopters...yeah, I was the first guy I knew to have a cell phone in my car. I think it was the early 80s...the phone was HUGE, this big box that lived in the trunk, and a handset on the console. LOL

Last edited:
I'm about to upgrade my iphone. Don't know if I should do the 5s, or just get a 5 while they work the kinks out of the 5s?

I'd score the newest model available that met my budget. I get all of the latest models due to business need, but generally find I want to upgrade anyway. I use my phone so much I feel I get my money's worth. Upgrading also means I can sell my old phone. Used iPhones sell very well making the upgrade even cheaper.

Word is Apple is going to do a trade-in program this time around. That's not official, but it's interesting.

I have had the 4, 4S and now the 5. I don't know if I will upgrade to the 5S or not. I am really hoping soon Apple will come out with an iPhone with a somewhat larger screen. I would be on that in a minute. I am still not enamored with the iPhones virtual keyboard. There are still times I miss the keyboard on my Blackberry!!

So, is it correct the you have to connect an iPhone to a PC or other computer to configure it and install apps and stuff?

So, is it correct the you have to connect an iPhone to a PC or other computer to configure it and install apps and stuff?

Not at all... you can do everything from the phone, and do your backups to iCloud for free. But if you want to add your own music to the phone, then you need to connect to a computer with iTunes on it to sync. Otherwise you can buy music and download it to the phone from iTunes store.

As of iOS 5 devices can stand alone. iCloud doesn't back up everything but it does a pretty good job if you are living in the Apple environment already.

I'm hoping for the trade-in deal, although my old 4 probably won't bring a lot of money even though it's in good shape.

Have you tried Gazelle? I believe they (or a similar reseller) have in-store presence at Target and Best Buy, even. You'll be surprised at how much you can get for it.

Back