My Band Made KNAC's Staff Picks Top 10 Albums of 2018

BankstonGTR

Some of you may remember KNAC, the famous and influential Long Beach radio station. It still exists as an Internet radio channel and webzine.

They just released their staff picks for the top 10 albums of 2018 and my band's debut album checked in at No. 9 on the Managing Editor's list. Both I and the other guitarist in my band play PRS guitars and we used them to record the album. Pretty stoked about it.

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=31254

01.) Striker Play To Win (Record Breaking Records)
02.) Judas Priest Firepower(Epic)
03.) Dee SniderFor The Love Of Metal (Napalm)
04.) Icarus Witch Goodbye Cruel World (Cleopatra)
05.) Helion Prime Terror Of The Cybernetic Space Monster (AFM)
06.) Halcyon Way Bloody But Unbowed (Agonia)
07.) Monument Hellhound (Rock Of Angels)
08.) Stryper ******** Evil (Frontiers)
09.) Tame Fury A New Reason (Independent)
10.) Primal Fear Apocalypse (Frontiers)

Honorable Mentions
Stephen Pearcy View To A Thrill (Frontiers)
Red Tiger Evolution (LXG)
U.D.O. Steelfactory (AFM)
Metal Church Damned If You Do (Rat Pak)
Brothers Of Metal Prophecy Of Ragnarok (AFM)
Lizzy Borden My Midnight Things (Metal Blade)

That's pretty cool to be listed up there with the likes of Judas Priest and Dee Snyder. Although a little ironic that Judas Priest and Stryker are on the same list. Rock On \m/:cool:

That's pretty cool to be listed up there with the likes of Judas Priest and Dee Snyder. Although a little ironic that Judas Priest and Stryker are on the same list. Rock On \m/:cool:

Stryker? Ted Stryker????

And congrats, @BankstonGTR!!! Nice job!

Congrats OP! That's super cool.

Funny KNAC story: One night in the mid 80's I fell asleep listening to "Rock & Rhythm 105.5 KNAC", it was relatively unknown Long Beach radio station dedicated to playing punk, ska and reggae. The next morning the format changed and I woke up to a new DJ screaming "Good Morning Metalheads!" while playing Ozzy. That radio station was flat out awesome< I miss it a lot.

Back