My 2nd PRS (in five months). Hooked.

Aubs

Photos of my 2nd PRS (in five months). Hooked.

A couple of pics of my newly purchased 2010 McCarty. Has 57/08 pickups, hybrid color hardware. Plays amazing, sounds amazing, looks amazing. Interesting question for you about this. In the special order section of the card, it says QUILT EXP. When I called customer service and gave them the serial number and asked them if it was an actual 2010 Experience guitar, they could not tell me if it was or was not. They could not tell me how many were made with these specifications, or what grade the top was, they just said it was not a 10, which I already knew. Thoughts? Regardless, it is a great match to my 2013 Purplehazel quilt 408.
d8bf4190686a2374a830c04f8cb4446f_zps618db7bf.jpg
[/IMG]

551bacc1a494ba1f44e042051e5cf451_zpse2a7479c.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Very cool quilt! I'll give it a 10 - congrats!

It probably won't give you any more information if PRS didn't have anymore, but look at the MODCAT and see what it says. Also they sometimes write extra stuff in the pickup cavities. If it doesn't have a MODCAT in the bridge cavity, that's a good indicator that it was a special build.

That is an exceedingly pretty guitar - congrats. Let's see if you can go another five months before the next ;)

Great suggestions about MODCAT and checking inside the cavity, never thought of that. I have run out of other equipment to sell to fund this habit. Maybe I'll become a gigolo. Maybe not! Next one should not be quite as expensive as these two. I'd like to get a CE 24 next time, in not too great of condition. ummmm CantankerousCarl, you are my hero, 17!!!!!! Wow. Love the WF neck and the sound of the pickups. Thanks for the comments!

THANKS. How do you like the hollowbody? Is it an f-hole or chambered? what did you like about it versus a solid McCarty? I will check out your facebook.

Thank you for the appreciation. I looked at a lot before I decided on this one. Love it.

Congrats! I've bought 3 in the last 6 months and want more....help me....

Jeff5, that rocks. You have a problem, but I can't think of a better problem to have. What did you buy?

Back