My 2019 Santana Retro

Funny how the neck is less beefy than my West Street and the 2012 Santana model I once owned. It really is a nice carve. I’m extremely comfortable with it. I wonder if all retro’s are like this or if this one got sanded more.
Nice one, I play a pattern regular and it feels just right to me!

Funny how the neck is less beefy than my West Street and the 2012 Santana model I once owned. It really is a nice carve. I’m extremely comfortable with it. I wonder if all retro’s are like this or if this one got sanded more.

All four of my Santana shaped guitars have slightly different neck profiles. They’re all super comfy though.

Ugh... I am so not needing to see such a beautiful guitar! LOL

Seriously, congrats. I also like the dark rings better! Looks more 'put together'.

All four of my Santana shaped guitars have slightly different neck profiles. They’re all super comfy though.

I have to agree regarding my westy and retro. Those comfortable differences inspire the slightest changes in my lead playing structure in good way, hard to explain but I think you know what I mean.

I have to agree regarding my westy and retro. Those comfortable differences inspire the slightest changes in my lead playing structure in good way, hard to explain but I think you know what I mean.

Is the retro smaller than the West St.?

Retro is smaller, not as chunky

Word. Yeah, my Santana is the same way. The plain West St. (no baby dragon) I have is the biggest of them all.

Paul’s guitar the brushstroke 24 I have is also more chunky

Man, you have one of those too? I don’t recall the only other one of those I’ve played having all that big of a neck, I’ll have to check it out again.

Word. Yeah, my Santana is the same way. The plain West St. (no baby dragon) I have is the biggest of them all.

Man, you have one of those too? I don’t recall the only other one of those I’ve played having all that big of a neck, I’ll have to check it out again.

Yeah.., that plain west st. Must be cool ! I remember photos. I love the west st pickups. I’ll get the caliper out tomorrow and do some measurements for the hell of it. Can’t do it tonight can I get up extra early for work tomorrow, gotta hit the hay.

This photo of the brush24 will jog your memory

2FojK3K.jpg

Yeah.., that plain west st. Must be cool ! I remember photos. I love the west st pickups. I’ll get the caliper out tomorrow and do some measurements for the hell of it. Can’t do it tonight can I get up extra early for work tomorrow, gotta hit the hay.

2FojK3K.jpg

Oh sh!t! Where do I stand in the dibs line?

2FojK3K.jpg

Love that top!

Back