My 2014 S2 Custom 24

<Sound of a whistle and a yellow flag>

Intentional information withholding - NGD notice without tone report. 15 yards and loss of down.

At least you don't get another penalty for no pictures!

<Sound of a whistle and a yellow flag>

Intentional information withholding - NGD notice without tone report. 15 yards and loss of down.

At least you don't get another penalty for no pictures!

LOL.....deserved.....I was trying to get the pics to post without a link ....I copied the HMTL code as instructed, but Photobucket was giving me fits on coping the URL codes....

Oh, well.....as for the tone report....I put a new Hot Rod Seymour Duncan set as pickups in (Jazz & JB), new pots, wire, blade switch and input jack. The tuners and bridge are working perfectly, so I didn't seem mess with those items. I had a proper set up done and the thing has really low action and a very fast fretboard. IMO, the S2 is a little darker in tone than the CE models (I which I prefer) and the neck is similar to my #1 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro and can keep up with it tone wise....I have recorded a couple of cover tunes with it and does very well in that category....and for all out alt rock, it sounds absolutely great on my Marshall and Mesa Boogie amps....

I do not know why but the photographs at these links will not display on my computer. So I gather it is white!

Anyway, congratulations :)

LOL.....deserved.....I was trying to get the pics to post without a link ....I copied the HMTL code as instructed, but Photobucket was giving me fits on coping the URL codes....

Oh, well.....as for the tone report....I put a new Hot Rod Seymour Duncan set as pickups in (Jazz & JB), new pots, wire, blade switch and input jack. The tuners and bridge are working perfectly, so I didn't seem mess with those items. I had a proper set up done and the thing has really low action and a very fast fretboard. IMO, the S2 is a little darker in tone than the CE models (I which I prefer) and the neck is similar to my #1 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro and can keep up with it tone wise....I have recorded a couple of cover tunes with it and does very well in that category....and for all out alt rock, it sounds absolutely great on my Marshall and Mesa Boogie amps....

<Whistle sound>

First down! Move the chains...

LOL....maybe so. I have always been a Gibson guy (2 Les Paul's and a Midtown Custom) but always wanted a PRS. They were just too pretty and expensive, to play out live with because sh*t happens to gear playing out....but I do love the way it sounds now (after the mods) and did the lighter weight without a much of a drop off tone wise....so I may not kick the Les Pauls and Middy Custom out of my white party, but the S2 OP White Custom 24 is certainly the guest of honor currently.....and a screamer axe on a high gain valve amp....

Last edited:
Heck yeah!

As you have found, PRS have great options at a wide range of price points. And the headstock won't snap off if you look at it wrong. ;)

and BTW .....congrats to you and your White Westie that you earned....that thing is really amazing looking and I'm sure it plays even better....

Thanks, buddy.

Yeah, that thing is sofaking amazing lookin' and playing.

Back