Musician Jokes-post yours

u68MoZz.jpg

This is why it will always be DLR for me, only he could dress like Aladdin and pull off that jump!

Joke time:

Women goes to her doctor and is told she has only six months to live. She asks the doctor if she can do anything to increase this.

The doctor tells her she could move in with a Viola player. The women asks if it will make her live longer. Doctor replies:

“No, but it will seem like it!”

Ba dum dum tsch!

Insert favorite group here ______________.:D

Anybody is better than him.:rolleyes:

I never liked Rush’s music, but so many folks here love the band that I decided to give them another listen, so I spent an afternoon with their recordings. I couldn’t get all the way through a single song.

It was a slog through several albums that were recommended as their best.

They don’t need me as a critic, and I wish them all success, but I didn’t find the recordings musical, and would prefer listening to Bieber (or anyone else except my own music, which everyone including me agrees has no redeeming merit, and makes me want to flood my studio, and turn it into an indoor pool; alternatively, it would make a nice room for my wife to store boxes ‘just in case’ she wants to return something to the store :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
I never liked Rush’s music, but so many folks here love the band that I decided to give them another listen, so I spent an afternoon with their recordings. I couldn’t get all the way through a single song.

They don’t need me as a critic, and I wish them all success, but I didn’t find the recordings musical, and would prefer listening to Bieber (or anyone else except my own music, which everyone including me agrees has no redeeming merit, and makes me want to flood my studio, and turn it into an indoor pool; alternatively, it would make a nice room for my wife to store boxes ‘just in case’ she wants to return something to the store :rolleyes:).

I don't mind Rush but if you want to completely clear a dance floor of everybody except "that one guy" just play one of their songs.

I've played a few rush songs over the years and it's actually kind of funny watching drunks dance to 4/4 time then throw 3/4 at them.

I get it. Not all music clicks for everyone. I really didn't get into Rush until about 10 years ago, now they are no more. There are guys and gals that think What they listen to, is the ultimate, and others that think it's total trash. Personally I would put Pink Floyd or Marillion in the category as Rock God's, but I didn't have that meme at my disposal.

Last edited:
The main reason I like Rush is the esoteric content embedded in the lyrics. They're giving hints and clues about the mystery of what's really going on here. If you're not into that, don't see any mystery, or believe you've solved it, the lyrics may not mean much to you.

Other reasons are:

Possibly the best drummer in R&R history
Maybe the rockingest three piece band ever
They've only gotten better with age, unlike most aging rock bands that just look and sound pitiful
They've stayed true to themselves against all opposition

I don't idolize anyone, but they've certainly earned my respect and admiration for what they've accomplished :)

I get it. Not all music clicks for everyone. I really didn't get into Rush until about 10 years ago, now they are no more. There are guys and gals that think What they listen to, is the ultimate, and others that think it's total trash. Personally I would put Pink Floyd or Marillion in the category as Rock God's, but I didn't have that meme at my disposal.

I am not a big fan of Rush myself. Pink Floyd and the 'Fish' era of Marillion are awesome - Steve Rothery and David Gilmore are superb guitarists and I loved a lot of the lyrics of Fish. Comfortably Numb has to be one of, if not the greatest guitar solo of all time!!!

The main reason I like Rush is the esoteric content embedded in the lyrics. They're giving hints and clues about the mystery of what's really going on here. If you're not into that, don't see any mystery, or believe you've solved it, the lyrics may not mean much to you.

Other reasons are:

Possibly the best drummer in R&R history
Maybe the rockingest three piece band ever
They've only gotten better with age, unlike most aging rock bands that just look and sound pitiful
They've stayed true to themselves against all opposition

I don't idolize anyone, but they've certainly earned my respect and admiration for what they've accomplished :)

+1. Exactly how I feel.

Lady visits her local butcher for some meat.

She asks the clerk, "How much for a pound of brains, please?"

Clerk says, "Well, we've got drummers' brains, $15 per pound; keyboardists' brains, $25 per pound; and lastly, guitarists' brains, $75 per pound."

Lady says, "Omigosh, why so expensive for guitarist's brains?"

Clerk says, "Ma'm, do you know how many guitarists it takes to scrape up a pound of brains?"

(Use with discretion for other musicians)

Back