Music during Covid-19

I got my first PRS during the pandemic. A 35th Anniversary SE in gold/black burst.. I’d started slowly saving up to purchase one but the Covid19 outbreak had both me and my fiancée out of work for months so I kept off from going ahead with the purchase. One day my fiancée saw me looking at the guitar again on my laptop screen and told me "are you just going to keep staring at that guitar? Go ahead and buy it already. We'll work things out". Right away I called the Greek PRS Distributor, told them I’m interested in the 35th Anniversary SE CU 24 !!! Only 3 were imported to Greece and i managed to grab one. This guitar breathed new life into my love for music and has been a source of endless inspiration for almost a year and half now. It was my anchor to sanity during months of lockdown and the 14 months my bar was closed due to the pandemic.

Dude, you've got the right one for you. Don't ever lose her! :)

There was one musician and his band that was my fall back during the insanity of 2020...that was Trey Anastasio and Phish.

March 2020: Phish starts a free, weekly streamed concert series "Dinner and a Movie" - an entire concert from their vast library.
April 2020: Phish surprises all their phans with the release of a new studio album recorded fall of 2019 at the Barn - "Sigma Oasis", one of their best studio outing in decades, imho.
July 2020: Trey releases his solo album, "Lonely Trip", recorded in his NYC apartment...the songs had been dropped week by week on youtube and instagram showing performances from his apartment.
October - November 2020: Trey's Beacon Jams concert series, streamed live from the Beacon Theatre. Trey and various members of his solo band, along with a string section played to the back of the empty Beacon each Friday night.
This was like church to me...so much joy in the performances and such a generous soul to put this all together for his fans (and to raise funds for a rehab facility he's opening in Vermont). I know I cried a few times
during these webcasts, just so happy this guy lived for his music and audience. I'd sit in my basement music room, webcast on the big TV, blasting through the stereo, guitar in hand, bourbon in my glass...so much joy !

and finally, the Christmas present none of Phish phans knew was coming...

December 24, 2020: Trey and Phish keyboardist Page McConnell release "December"...an enlightened acoustic album of Phish tunes done on acoustic guitar, piano and beautiful vocal harmonies, all recorded live at Trey's Barn studio in Vermont during November. I know I cried again hearing these tunes, done stripped down, emotional and with a sincere "thank you" to us fans in the song selection.

In three weeks, I'm headed to Stage AE in Pittsburgh to see Trey's solo band, you might say I'm a little excited as the last concert I attended was Phish in December 2019.

I took the time to restart an exercise program, and recovered from two concussions in 6 months by sleeping 12 hours a day for a month. Once the buzzing in my head stopped, I made a list of songs that I wanted to learn, and worked on two technical problems that had stood in my way. I’m fairly disciplined, so I set a schedule and started working. Along the way, I bought and sold several guitars. The work paid off, as my limited technical ability improved markedly. My PRS are all things of great beauty to me, so I counted my blessings on a daily basis. I also started working on the philosophy that every day is a good day, because it is. In the end, I’m much happier with my life, and love practicing and playing even more. One of these days I have to get back to that writing thing……..

I took the time to restart an exercise program, and recovered from two concussions in 6 months by sleeping 12 hours a day for a month. Once the buzzing in my head stopped, I made a list of songs that I wanted to learn, and worked on two technical problems that had stood in my way. I’m fairly disciplined, so I set a schedule and started working. Along the way, I bought and sold several guitars. The work paid off, as my limited technical ability improved markedly. My PRS are all things of great beauty to me, so I counted my blessings on a daily basis. I also started working on the philosophy that every day is a good day, because it is. In the end, I’m much happier with my life, and love practicing and playing even more. One of these days I have to get back to that writing thing……..

Nice work brother.

Sorry to hear about the concussions, head injuries suck (been there)! Sounds like you are beyond recovery and into building a better future!! Killer job dogrocketp!!!

Happy Days!!!
MW

Well done, man. I'm sure that writing thing is on it's way. Be ready :)

There was one musician and his band that was my fall back during the insanity of 2020...that was Trey Anastasio and Phish.

March 2020: Phish starts a free, weekly streamed concert series "Dinner and a Movie" - an entire concert from their vast library.
April 2020: Phish surprises all their phans with the release of a new studio album recorded fall of 2019 at the Barn - "Sigma Oasis", one of their best studio outing in decades, imho.
July 2020: Trey releases his solo album, "Lonely Trip", recorded in his NYC apartment...the songs had been dropped week by week on youtube and instagram showing performances from his apartment.
October - November 2020: Trey's Beacon Jams concert series, streamed live from the Beacon Theatre. Trey and various members of his solo band, along with a string section played to the back of the empty Beacon each Friday night.
This was like church to me...so much joy in the performances and such a generous soul to put this all together for his fans (and to raise funds for a rehab facility he's opening in Vermont). I know I cried a few times
during these webcasts, just so happy this guy lived for his music and audience. I'd sit in my basement music room, webcast on the big TV, blasting through the stereo, guitar in hand, bourbon in my glass...so much joy !

and finally, the Christmas present none of Phish phans knew was coming...

December 24, 2020: Trey and Phish keyboardist Page McConnell release "December"...an enlightened acoustic album of Phish tunes done on acoustic guitar, piano and beautiful vocal harmonies, all recorded live at Trey's Barn studio in Vermont during November. I know I cried again hearing these tunes, done stripped down, emotional and with a sincere "thank you" to us fans in the song selection.

In three weeks, I'm headed to Stage AE in Pittsburgh to see Trey's solo band, you might say I'm a little excited as the last concert I attended was Phish in December 2019.
I enjoyed this vid very much thank you!

This might qualify. Pre COVID, I had migrated most of my cycling to off road. Trails got so busy with everyone at home that I moved back to the road. In doing so I found some interesting new roads. This is sort of a time lapse showing farmland growth. Music is me playing acoustic, which I also gravitated to while at home most of the time. First crop is on my Angelus. Second crop is on my Norman. Two crops on one field between May and August.

This might qualify. Pre COVID, I had migrated most of my cycling to off road. Trails got so busy with everyone at home that I moved back to the road. In doing so I found some interesting new roads. This is sort of a time lapse showing farmland growth. Music is me playing acoustic, which I also gravitated to while at home most of the time. First crop is on my Angelus. Second crop is on my Norman. Two crops on one field between May and August.

I love how there was a a silhouette of the drone on one of the shots, just beside your bike.

Back