Multiple Guitar FX Processor sequencer

allan

One man one life make the best of what you have
Hi everyone well its been a few years since l last bought a Multiple Guitar FX Processor sequencer would like your thoughts on what you think would be a good buy. to be honest l do not want to go out and spend a lot of cash on something l will never get the full use out of nor would l need any more than about 4 peddles

ok my friends over to you
Allan;)

Nothing better than the anticipation of a new toy :)

Don't know what your budget is Allan, or what effects you want, but first thought would be the Boss MS-3, which is a combined switcher for 3 pedals and has lots of Boss effects built in, for about 400bucks........I am coveting it at the moment myself, so a bit biased

Enjoy the hunt

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MS3Switcher

I'm all about the Zoom line from a few years ago. The G3 is really nice if you don't need pitch based effects, and $100 or so used.

TC Electronics G-System or Nova System

The dirt is analog -- as it should be! -- and the modulations (reverb, chorus, etc.) are digital...which is the perfect division of labor.

well l am going to have to phrase this question in a different manner as my last one was removed because l name the product l was asking about, anyway l have a small guitar amp which l bought about 7 years ago its never been used. l have now bought a guitar effects processor now my question is do l set the Bass Mid and tone to mid points or turn them all the way back to zero to get the best results from both units
regards
allan

Well, I gig a lot and I use the Zoom G5.
Does everything I need it to do.
I will never claim that it replaces premium effects processors, but it does fine for rock 'n roll.

At the end of the day, just get what sounds good to yourself and is in your budget.
Don't over analyze it, you will drive yourself crazy.

well l am going to have to phrase this question in a different manner as my last one was removed because l name the product l was asking about, anyway l have a small guitar amp which l bought about 7 years ago its never been used. l have now bought a guitar effects processor now my question is do l set the Bass Mid and tone to mid points or turn them all the way back to zero to get the best results from both units
regards
allan

I would set them at the midpoint and adjust to your liking from there.

Lets say it depends of the way you're using it.
I plug my multi effect using the 4 cables method; it means that the amp preamp is used when I activate the multi effect effects loop.
So, I set the amp preamp to my liking WITHOUT the multi effect, then I use the multi effect.
My Boss GT100 also has a preamp section, so, when I use it, I switch off the effects loop on the GT 100 and it bypasses the amp preamp.

I do not know if I'm clear, I strongly recommend, if your multi effects unit and your amp both have an affect loop, that you use the 4 cables methods. There is plenty of videos available on the internet explaining how and why doing so.

Yeah, it's called "dialing it in" -- you don't just dial in the amp, you dial in the whole chain.

Midpoints, definitely. You'd have to be really good at dialing in your amp from zero, and even then, you'd still have to make adjustments to the other controls once you started bringing them up.

Back