Multiple CE24 Necks

madeinbologna

I tried to search for this thinking someone has had to of asked this question before, but the search function told me "CE24" was too common to include in the search. So....

I'm really loving my CE 24 I just got. It's got an Ebony fretboard and of course, the old-style birds.

It would be cool to have a Rosewood fretboard and a Maple fretboard (or others) as well as options for more upscale birds. I'm very happy with the body/electronics/pickups.

What would stop PRS from offering just CE24 (and Silver Sky) necks? Aside from the problem of serial numbers at the top of the neck (unless you could order multiple necks with the same body serial number?)

Could be more margin for PRS to offer current CE24 owners multiple options than waiting for the more well-heeled clients to buy multiples. Maybe an upgrade option for SE Silver Sky owners as well?

Just a thought.

(If this has already been discussed, please post the link to the thread.)

I hear ya. But, I think it would breed too many "knock offs". Besides, Paul has always said they were in business to sell guitars. Several years ago I bought two CE24 bodies to rebuild as projects. It took me forever to find someone that would build necks for them. No one wanted to make a 25" neck. I finally got one from Ed Roman's Guitars, in Vegas. And the second one came from a Luthier in Utah.

Back