MT15 V30 clip

bubbastain

First off I'll say that I'm new here. I got my MT15 last Tuesday and was immediately impressed. I owned an Archon 50 head for a short while last year and really liked it. As soon as I saw the MT15 from a NAMM video I think, I knew I wanted one. I was also able to play it for about two minutes a few months ago at a guitar show and that sealed the deal.
So I posted clip a few days ago in one of the other threads. That was recorded using a Peavey Sheffield 1200(the 5150 speaker). I like those speakers and I like the tone I got with the MT15 but since the MT15 was pretty much built with V30's in mine (i think I read or saw on a video), I figured I'd record the same clip using a V30. I didn't touch the amp from the previous clip so all the settings are the same. Because my cat was sleeping about 6 feet away from the amp when I wanted to record, I had the amp at a pretty low volume. Low enough to not disturb him. I also had the gain at 11:00 which is higher than I would use for my ideal tone, but since I was doing a metal-ish clip I figured the extra saturation would work. I used my First Act(from Walmart) guitar with a Sheptone Tribute humbucker which is basically a low output PAF type. Recoded with a single SM57 with no eq or filter or anything. Just raw guitar tracks. Just a little delay for the cleanish part in the beginning and a little flanger for the very first guitar part.

Really digging the amp so far. I'll admit I don't really care for the lights. I'd rather just have a single red and blue LED but not an issue at all. I would very much prefer if there was an LED on the footswitch though. Seems like that should be super simple. Anyways, here is the V30 clip.

http://www.tonefinder.com/files/151531765526-PRS MT15 V30 1.mp3

Nice! I realize it was produced, but would you share the amp settings you used to get that tracked?

Nice! I realize it was produced, but would you share the amp settings you used to get that tracked?

Thanks man. Gain 11:00, Treble 1:30, Mid 1:00, Bass 12:00, Presence 1:30 and the Lead Master was at 8:00. However, the lead master at 8:00 is tricky because it's super sensitive at that range and a tiny little hair up and it gets much louder. So I had it at 8:00 but the volume was low enough to not wake my cat 6 feet away. I also had to turn the input volume on my Presonus Firebox all the way up. The Vintage 30 is in a Jet City horizontal 212(USA version). The guitar tracks are 100% raw except for the delay and flanger on the beginning part.

Back