MT15 V30 clip

Discussion in 'Amplifiers' started by bubbastain, Jul 16, 2018.

1. bubbastain

bubbastain New Member

First off I'll say that I'm new here. I got my MT15 last Tuesday and was immediately impressed. I owned an Archon 50 head for a short while last year and really liked it. As soon as I saw the MT15 from a NAMM video I think, I knew I wanted one. I was also able to play it for about two minutes a few months ago at a guitar show and that sealed the deal.
    So I posted clip a few days ago in one of the other threads. That was recorded using a Peavey Sheffield 1200(the 5150 speaker). I like those speakers and I like the tone I got with the MT15 but since the MT15 was pretty much built with V30's in mine (i think I read or saw on a video), I figured I'd record the same clip using a V30. I didn't touch the amp from the previous clip so all the settings are the same. Because my cat was sleeping about 6 feet away from the amp when I wanted to record, I had the amp at a pretty low volume. Low enough to not disturb him. I also had the gain at 11:00 which is higher than I would use for my ideal tone, but since I was doing a metal-ish clip I figured the extra saturation would work. I used my First Act(from Walmart) guitar with a Sheptone Tribute humbucker which is basically a low output PAF type. Recoded with a single SM57 with no eq or filter or anything. Just raw guitar tracks. Just a little delay for the cleanish part in the beginning and a little flanger for the very first guitar part.

Really digging the amp so far. I'll admit I don't really care for the lights. I'd rather just have a single red and blue LED but not an issue at all. I would very much prefer if there was an LED on the footswitch though. Seems like that should be super simple. Anyways, here is the V30 clip.

http://www.tonefinder.com/files/151531765526-PRS MT15 V30 1.mp3

2. Wakester

Wakester Class Clown

Very Cool!

3. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

4. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Good playing!

5. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs

Nice! I realize it was produced, but would you share the amp settings you used to get that tracked?

6. bubbastain

bubbastain New Member

Thanks man. Gain 11:00, Treble 1:30, Mid 1:00, Bass 12:00, Presence 1:30 and the Lead Master was at 8:00. However, the lead master at 8:00 is tricky because it's super sensitive at that range and a tiny little hair up and it gets much louder. So I had it at 8:00 but the volume was low enough to not wake my cat 6 feet away. I also had to turn the input volume on my Presonus Firebox all the way up. The Vintage 30 is in a Jet City horizontal 212(USA version). The guitar tracks are 100% raw except for the delay and flanger on the beginning part.

7. ViperDoc

ViperDoc Plugged In.

HORNS RAISED HIGH.

bodia and andy474x like this.
  8. andy474x

andy474x Knows the Drill

Man, that was sick!!! Nailed it!!

9. jjhookemup

jjhookemup Gearoholic

Sounds very nice! Makes me miss playing metal tones.

10. bubbastain

bubbastain New Member

Thanks. I’m having a blast playing this thing. Really a great amp.

11. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Great share! Not my chosen listening, but you had me from the intro :D