MT15 TOAN

TRJC24PRS

Possibly A New Member
Just got an MT15 for christmas, thing sounds incredible. But I'm just wondering if theres any tone settings that you guys like from the lead channel, I already have my tone dialed in but I just wanna expand my tone library and see what else is good

sharing settings is just OK IMHO. no one can help you find your tone but you. play with it by not looking at the knobs when dialing. we get locked it to thinking something is right or wrong. or try extreme settings - something full on or off...

What Brian said. Do what PRSh did at the demos - just turn the knobs all kinds of different ways. There is video of him bringing a woman who was not a guitarist out of the audience and having her set the tone controls on an amp. Sounded good no matter what she did.

IMO, shared settings on amps are GREAT on complicated amps, like a Mark V. The PRS amps I’ve played were so simple it’s silly. Start with every tone control at noon, and dial to your guitar/cab/taste. Really that simple with the H, Custom 50, Archon, and should be with the MT15

I just added a 12AU7 to V2 and love the gain channel now, not as muddy and more control now.I played around with V2 and V3 tubes . It really makes a difference. I tried changing V3 and V2 both to AU7s and it really tamed the gain too much for me. I read a lot of people are using 5881 or 12ax7 in V2. Also if you haven’t tryed a EQ in the effects loop , you should.

Last edited:
I'll play. Sort of.

I know MT himself is a V30 guy, and I've gotten good results with V30's, but not the best. The MT15, like the other 2 channel PRS amps I've tried, is not a very bright amp, and with V30's can range from smooth in a good way, to downright dark sounding. With V30's I found that I had to go bass 9:00 (or less) mid 2:00, treble 2:00, presence 3:00, just to get it to "bite" on the top. I run mine more with my "old" PRS SE 2x12 cab (from the previous generation of overseas PRS amps) and something about those speakers makes the amp more versatile. They have mids and bite like a (very angry) Marshall through a greenback loaded cab, all the way to Recto reminiscent stuff with less mid dialed in. Somewhere in the neighborhood of bass 9-10:00, mid 12:00, treble 2:00, presence 12:00. I also much prefer the clean with the SE cab, the V30's require running the treble up to a point where the tone gets thin, but any less and there's no sparkle, a very fine line. Perhaps its the cab I'm using, or the V30's which I bought from Avatar and were cheaper than anywhere else...

Much prefer mine with the EL 34's now.

Cabs make a BIG difference too. For me PRS Steath 2X12 vs my Marshall 4X12. Both very good but the 4 is amazing.

Considering changing the tone stack next.

....Cabs make a BIG difference too. For me PRS Steath 2X12 vs my Marshall 4X12. Both very good but the 4 is amazing.
Awesome! My MT15 is arriving in the mail today and I will be using my Marshall 4x12 cab (JCM 900, Lead 1960a).
If I recall correctly, the cabinet can be connected with 1 speaker cable or 2 (I use 2 from my current GK rack-mount amp)
Do you run 1 cable or 2 from the MT15?

I will play also but first question needs to be are you running it into a quality cab?

Currently i am using a mesa 112 with a ( mesa ordered custom ) celestion lead 90. My cab is open back ...

I like presence at noon bass at 10 mid at 1 treble down at 11 maybe 10 am ...

Gain on master at 10 or 11 but your preferences may vary.

Running this into an attenuator because it is VERY LOUD ha ha!

Back