MT15 in-depth

Guitarjon

Hey guys!

MT15 owner and fan here, really love that amp! I've compared it to my other amps a bunch of times and the MT15 always ends up as one of the best, even compared to my Boogies. The sound of the amp is just so nicely voiced. The clean channel is very nice with a lot of headroom so it works well with pedals and stuff but the lead channel is just amazing for anything rock/metal.

It's a simple amp but I think it's actually quite versatile, especially if you add some pedals. To demonstrate this I made a demo with 14 guitars, various styles and a couple pedals as a bonus.

All the settings are shown during the video as well so you can try them for yourself! Hope you enjoy:

Loved it!

I think your video speaks to the flexibility and versatility of an amp like the MT15, in a time when IR's are available. With the "expected" pairing of the MT15 with a V30 loaded cab, the MT15 has a great clean tone for rock, but for some other genres, I feel it could use a little "something" here or there. Being able to pair it with a huge variety of cabinet/speaker impulses really opens things up. I play the MT15 for my hard rock gigs and recording, but I could and very well may take it out for other needs along with my Torpedo reactive load and Cab M setup in the future.

Hey guys!

MT15 owner and fan here, really love that amp! I've compared it to my other amps a bunch of times and the MT15 always ends up as one of the best, even compared to my Boogies. The sound of the amp is just so nicely voiced. The clean channel is very nice with a lot of headroom so it works well with pedals and stuff but the lead channel is just amazing for anything rock/metal.

It's a simple amp but I think it's actually quite versatile, especially if you add some pedals. To demonstrate this I made a demo with 14 guitars, various styles and a couple pedals as a bonus.

All the settings are shown during the video as well so you can try them for yourself! Hope you enjoy:

Great demo. Disclaimer that I've only listened at work on a laptop, but it sounds good.

Thanks guys!

Loved it!

I think your video speaks to the flexibility and versatility of an amp like the MT15, in a time when IR's are available. With the "expected" pairing of the MT15 with a V30 loaded cab, the MT15 has a great clean tone for rock, but for some other genres, I feel it could use a little "something" here or there. Being able to pair it with a huge variety of cabinet/speaker impulses really opens things up. I play the MT15 for my hard rock gigs and recording, but I could and very well may take it out for other needs along with my Torpedo reactive load and Cab M setup in the future.

IR's definitely add a LOT of flexibility to the tone of amps. For sweet clean tones I love running the clean channel through a nice Fender IR. And then for the heavy stuff I gravitate towards bigger 4x12 cabs of course. :)

Really nice demo. You got a lot of great tones out of it (I guess the tight playing also helps). I never thought this amp could be so versatile. Are you able to use it at lower volumes to practice as well? I wasn't planning on buying an amp this year, but this one isn't that expensive and it's more impressive than what I though it would be at first.

Really nice demo. You got a lot of great tones out of it (I guess the tight playing also helps). I never thought this amp could be so versatile. Are you able to use it at lower volumes to practice as well? I wasn't planning on buying an amp this year, but this one isn't that expensive and it's more impressive than what I though it would be at first.

Thanks! It can do low levels but not super low and the master volume goes up pretty quickly!

Thanks! It can do low levels but not super low and the master volume goes up pretty quickly!
I hear ya! My MT15 volume knob on 1 was too quiet... on 1.2 it was bulging the window glass! I needed a little more range in the master volume, so I remedied that with a Little Black Amp Box by JHS pedals. Put it last in the effects loop and problem solved! Turn the amp knobs up to that sweet spot and then dial in the little black amp box to the volume you want and you're set to go! That black amp box was around $45 shipped.

I really appreciate your demos and the sound of MT15, very good sounds and very good playing skills, keep up the good work. Have you had any issues with the amp, have any advice on biasing?

I really appreciate your demos and the sound of MT15, very good sounds and very good playing skills, keep up the good work. Have you had any issues with the amp, have any advice on biasing?

Cheers! No issues with this one at all but note that I never use FX loops. I had another one before this that I had to exchange for this new one because of a weird oscillating noise. Could have been the tubes maybe? I have no experience at all with biasing amps unfortunately...

Back