MT15 Driving me nuts

An oscillation for sure. Could be a lot of causes. The guitar is part of it, since shorting the input (guitar volume down) stops it.

I assume you’ve tried a different cable, but if not, that’s one thing to rule out.

What happens if you put a buffered pedal in front of the amp?

Watching your video, and also what you'd already said about changing guitars, standing in a different room, using low gain etc, that definitely isn't a pickup/guitar problem.

You've changed all the valves now to eliminate them haven't you? I honestly don't know what else it could be apart from a wiring issue. Looks like a call to PRS customer support is in order

Given that the oscillation starts when the guitar volume is turned up and stops again when the volume is turned back down, I'd suggest that it's not a middle of back stage instability. If it were, it wouldn't stop once started.

Seems like an interaction between the front stage and guitar/cable impedance.

Could be wiring. Could be the long cable. If you can decouple the guitar from the amp by a buffered pedal, it would be useful to know if it still oscillated.

An oscillation for sure. Could be a lot of causes. The guitar is part of it, since shorting the input (guitar volume down) stops it.

I assume you’ve tried a different cable, but if not, that’s one thing to rule out.

What happens if you put a buffered pedal in front of the amp?

Good call on the cable. I had a bad patch cable on my pedal board that did the exact same thing on my MT-15. It was rather odd because it was not noticeable on the clean channel. Once I went Red...........look out!

Sorry have been crazy busy. I've done everything I could think of until today. I have an aby switch and tried it with the ground lift. No more noise! WTH.

Sorry have been crazy busy. I've done everything I could think of until today. I have an aby switch and tried it with the ground lift. No more noise! WTH.

I had a ground loop buzz in my all
Metal chassis Carvin Legacy-3 that was only removed by a Ebtech HumX.

I use one on the power cord of all my amps & use it on my MT15.

I’m still loving this amp!!!

X

I had a ground loop buzz in my all
Metal chassis Carvin Legacy-3 that was only removed by a Ebtech HumX.

I use one on the power cord of all my amps & use it on my MT15.

I’m still loving this amp!!!

X

Haha I'll have to Google that!

Back