MT15 after a few months...

Very well conveyed, Les! The only things I have to add are experiential: two situations left me slack-jawed and in awe of what I was hearing, and both involved NOS preamp tubes. Using my MkIII as a test base, the NOS Mullard 12ax7 in V1 made a tremendous impact compared to M/B labeled tubes in the same spot.

Well, you’re the one who convinced me to go to an NOS Mullard 12AX7 in my HXDA instead of just using one of the other NOS preamp tubes I was saving for a rainy day, and it was magic in the amp!

So yeah, it turned into sweetness and it resulted in my buying more for the amp, plus NOS Siemens output tubes.

The DG30 came from the factory with NOS BRIMAR preamp tubes, also of UK manufacture, and what I think are the same EL84Ms as the 80s tubes I bought as spares.

I have all GE preamp tubes in the Lone Star, except the phase inverter that came out of my last Two-Rock, that isn’t labeled, but I’m told is NOS. While it currently has the Chinese made 6L6s that Mesa offers, my plan is to install NOS (either Sylvania 6L6s or Philips 5881s).

To be fair, the question was where are Mullards made. I didn't read all of that text in your response, but I am fully aware new production tubes are not of the same construction or sound quality as old production. I think everyone knows that actually.

To be fair, I didn’t get past the regurgitation of the new Mullard website marketing-speak. The conversation was about the impact of NOS vs. new production more than anything else...since I think everyone here has rolled new tubes and already posted about it.

I am fully aware new production tubes are not of the same construction or sound quality as old production. I think everyone knows that actually.

Hey, I don’t know what everyone knows or doesn’t know. Just trying to be helpful here.

Hey, I don’t know what everyone knows or doesn’t know. Just trying to be helpful here.
Yes. I posted last week where I apologized along with my post because, you never know what someone else "knows" until they've been around a while. We have guys in this forum that are buying their first tube amp and get spooked if their expensive new amp "goes bad" after a few weeks, when all it is is a premature tube failure. And we have guys here who have built and modified tube amps.

If you're thorough, you waste the experienced guys time with 101 stuff. If you gloss over the things you think everyone would know by now, you may offend a newbie who has never gone through this before. And, until you "know" you really don't know how to best assist, so many of us here just try to be thorough.

Let’s be real... you know, Les. And we know you know, it’s obvious. Hell, I think you know that we know that you know. I know he knows you know. What you didn’t count on was us knowing that you know that we know you know. But we do, so I think we ALL know what you have to do now. Buy an MT15, and make a glam metal album with it. Don’t worry, you can use NOS preamp tubes in it. In fact, we know you will, and you do too.

Let’s be real... you know, Les. And we know you know, it’s obvious. Hell, I think you know that we know that you know. I know he knows you know. What you didn’t count on was us knowing that you know that we know you know. But we do, so I think we ALL know what you have to do now. Buy an MT15, and make a glam metal album with it. Don’t worry, you can use NOS preamp tubes in it. In fact, we know you will, and you do too.

Hahahaha! You know, you just never know, ya know?

Did somebody say Uno?

GUEST_3d6f9fdb-45b7-46f3-9c60-0f2a1f40b091

Back