MT journey update

BrianC

more toys than talent
I am a PRS guy with a history of close to 15 core guitars currently at 4. I have played most of the amps and have owned 2 - a 2 channel C and now a MT. The only one that had the perfect tone for me was the Original Sewell, but it is a single channel amp which I do not prefer. I did not have a PRS amp until the MT came out.

I knew the amp would be a bit Modern for me but I thought I could work with it and tweak it to fit my style.

First I tried various pre amp tube changes an...d that helped a small amount.

Second I changed the 6L6's to EL34's. This made another improvement but smaller than I had hoped.

I have an amp tech that has done numerous mods to my other amps to make them perfect for me. I dropped off the amp to him 2 weeks ago and got it back 5.2.

I was super excited to plug in and feel the magic he had made. Upon playing I realized I would need to re-dial in the amp as it was now a new beast. After considerable time playing around with it, it is much more "classic rock' than it was but still not close to all my other amps.

I also realize I am trying to make this do something it WAS NOT DESIGNED TO DO. I get that but I thought I could get it close. My Orange Dark Terror amp started out Modern and not it is a hot rodded JCM800 with a loop. I had hoped that the MT could get a similar tone as the ODT, and now get me a clean channel as well.

I will give it some time to settle in and not be hastey, but It may not stay.....

I would welcome a call from Doug

Brian, if you email Doug, chances are he’ll respond. He’s a super-great guy. Or just call the factory. I doubt he reads the forum and calls people up.

Back