MT 15

Sorry, I meant to post in the PRS Supermodels thread....

I feel in love with the Archon tone from the plug-in & really hope that the MT 15 amp captures a similar tone, feel & Sound.

Has anyone got a notification from Sweetwater on the September batch that’s arriving yet? I’m scheduled for the October shipment.....

X

Last edited:
I’m on the phone with Sweetwater right now & trying to find out where & when my MT 15 will arrive. I’m hoping that someone will back out of their order & my place in line will move up.

I plan on doing a HUGE new amp day post when it arrives with pictures, videos & sound samples too.....

I thought I’d be able to wait with no issues, but I was wrong (again)! :(

Peace! X

I'm still betting this is right up your alley. And mine.
Yes, I think all sighs point to “YES”! I’m also a pretty big Tremonti & Alter Bridge fan too.

I talked to my Sweetwater Rep & he said that they did get the September MT 15 shipment. All pre-orderes were filled & mine is scheduled for early October.

See you in a month!!!! :rolleyes:

X

I checked plate Voltage on the MT15 and I got 406 and 404 Vdc measured from each tube if anyone wants to know

Can't wait for this to hit stores. I have a JP-2C so haven't prioritised another hi gain head (although I want a rectifier as well...) but for the money it's almost a no-brainer.

Can't wait for this to hit stores. I have a JP-2C so haven't prioritised another hi gain head (although I want a rectifier as well...) but for the money it's almost a no-brainer.

I just sold my dual rec multiwatt and already miss it! Definitely want to try the JP-2C, triple crown and the JJ100 . From youYou and evwreveryt I've read though I'm leaning towards JJ100

Quick update for those who might be interested - I gigged with my MT15 for the first time last night, and it did exceedingly well. I used everything on the amp except the half power switch - both channels, boosts into lead, dirty into clean, effects loop for delay, reverb, and lead boost, and it slammed. Running probably 3/4 of the max volume, which was enough for a bit of stage volume and plenty for the cab mic to push out to the PA.

100% gig approved!

Quick update for those who might be interested - I gigged with my MT15 for the first time last night, and it did exceedingly well. I used everything on the amp except the half power switch - both channels, boosts into lead, dirty into clean, effects loop for delay, reverb, and lead boost, and it slammed. Running probably 3/4 of the max volume, which was enough for a bit of stage volume and plenty for the cab mic to push out to the PA.

100% gig approved!
Great info & thanks a lot for sharing it.

What size cabinet did you use? What size club & so you mic’d the cab too?

Was this a cover band gig too?

Thx! X

Great info & thanks a lot for sharing it.

What size cabinet did you use? What size club & so you mic’d the cab too?

Was this a cover band gig too?

Thx! X

I used a 2x12, and yeah, the amp was mic’d. The venue was a small-medium rock club. We play mostly originals, hard rock and such. Although we do a cover here and there, that night we did “Shine” by Collective Soul. Most of the set I used the gain channel on the MT15, but for that tune I play a Dirty Shirley pedal into the clean channel, which is a great combination for a less modern British voicing. The amp has a great clean channel for taking dirt pedals, dependent on the pedal of course.

I used a 2x12, and yeah, the amp was mic’d. The venue was a small-medium rock club. We play mostly originals, hard rock and such. Although we do a cover here and there, that night we did “Shine” by Collective Soul. Most of the set I used the gain channel on the MT15, but for that tune I play a Dirty Shirley pedal into the clean channel, which is a great combination for a less modern British voicing. The amp has a great clean channel for taking dirt pedals, dependent on the pedal of course.
I love that tune & play several songs by Collective Soul........

Thanks again for the info & I’m glad that it’s working out so well for you.

I should have mine soon & plan to run it w/ my Fractal FX8. The FX8 gives me TRS & or midi amp channel switching, plus some stellar FX. I’ll be able to get me lower Gain tones from virtual FX8 drive pedals as well as boosts for lead volume.

I will mainly run one of two V30 loaded 2x12 cabinets too.

Peace! X

I emailed PRS asking if you can run EL34'S in the MT15 and they said it's fine as long as you rebias. I had read that the amp has to be made to be able to use different tubes so I wanted to make sure. Swapping in some EHX's tonight!

Good to know the clean channel takes pedals well. I've been toying with the idea of a more expensive amp, but if this can work with drive pedals to add another voicing may need to rethink!

Like the above comment on tube swapping - will try myself!!

I've already swapped Preamps a few days ago .Have Sovtek long plates ehx's Russian jj's and Tung Sol's I've been playing with.

Not sure what I'm sticking with. Sovteks seem to give it too much low end though.

Good to know the clean channel takes pedals well. I've been toying with the idea of a more expensive amp, but if this can work with drive pedals to add another voicing may need to rethink!
I want to try the Victory Kraken preamp. Sounds close to the real deal!

Back