MT 15

It seems that PRS is mostly making their delivery dates, and maybe some dealers are over-promising on the numbers delivered. Just my opinion, a feeling based on a few things I’ve seen. ‍♂️

If you're ampless, I can see how big of a bummer this could be. I can even see having to buy something else because you can't wait. But if you have another amp, then this is not a NEED, it's a want.

I don't know if this video has been posted or not, but at 14:20 it gets real.

Granted, I’m not a high gain player - I’d never play with that much gain - BUT if I was a high gain player, I’d have that amp in my arsenal.

It has to be the best value in a high gain amp on the planet. Sounds the business!

Granted, I’m not a high gain player - I’d never play with that much gain - BUT if I was a high gain player, I’d have that amp in my arsenal.

It has to be the best value in a high gain amp on the planet. Sounds the business!

It does indeed sound the business! Don't be afraid of the gain though, Les. It allows players such as myself to "hide behind the distortion." In the old days, guys like me had to resort to Boss Metal Zone pedals and the like, to hide our lack of skills behind layers of distortion. Now we can do it with high end gear. Which is nice.

It does indeed sound the business! Don't be afraid of the gain though, Les. It allows players such as myself to "hide behind the distortion." In the old days, guys like me had to resort to Boss Metal Zone pedals and the like, to hide our lack of skills behind layers of distortion. Now we can do it with high end gear. Which is nice.

I get it, and have had amps that for me were high gain, like the red channel on the Tremoverb, or channel 3 on the Mark V. But those aren’t purely metal amps.

It’s a matter of voicing; I don’t like the “clank-clank” metal-hitting-anvil sound of modern high gain amps. I winced during the entire red channel demo on that video, even though I recognized that it’s a metalhead’s dream amp.

If I’m going to do gain, it’ll be more compressed and warm, like an early Recto or a Mark V. But my amps do all the gain I need, I’m OK, not interested in an Archon or MT15. Nice for what they are, not good for me.

However, I do recognize that a LOT of people like that sound, and this amp does have that “thing” that metal players like.

PS - I once had a Boss Metal Zone, for like, an hour. It was back in the day when I first got into the studio business, and thought I’d better be prepared for anything.

Fortunately, the store took it back.

It allows players such as myself to "hide behind the distortion." In the old days, guys like me had to resort to Boss Metal Zone pedals and the like, to hide our lack of skills behind layers of distortion. Now we can do it with high end gear. Which is nice.

Describes me to a tee!

In the old days, guys like me had to resort to Boss Metal Zone pedals and the like, to hide our lack of skills behind layers of distortion.

I can’t hide my lack of skills no matter what I use. Everyone on this forum is a better player than I am.

What little talent I have is in coming up with melodic parts. I stay away from the parts that are hard to play. ;)

I can’t hide my lack of skills no matter what I use. Everyone on this forum is a better player than I am.

What little talent I have is in coming up with melodic parts. I stay away from the parts that are hard to play. ;)
I don't stay away from the hard parts. I just play them so badly that people WISH I had stayed away from them. :)

I don't stay away from the hard parts. I just play them so badly that people WISH I had stayed away from them. :)

The beauty of original music is that there’s no need to learn parts you can’t play!

There’s no competition for who did the best job on my tunes. Because no one else is interested in playing them. :)

I'm bummed and befuddled. Was told today the cabinet for the MT-15 won't be available until First week of September. Something to look forward to I guess. Peace and love.

I'm bummed and befuddled. Was told today the cabinet for the MT-15 won't be available until First week of September. Something to look forward to I guess. Peace and love.

Look at the bright side: 6 weeks isn’t a long time in the greater scheme of things. September will be on us before we know it!

I'll rest a little easier about things I purchased and should've known I would hate, knowing that Les bought a Metal Zone!

In all fairness, that was probably before they had the reputation they have now.

Also, +1 to playing those melodic parts. I've heard a lot of guys play fast, most of the time it's not flattering the way a soulful melody is.

I got my MT15 a few days ago. Killer amp. I must be getting some sort of ground loop hum or something. It doesn't seem to like my Vox Delaylab either in front of the amp or in the loop. Was the same story with my Archon 50. My TC Flashback is fine.

I'll rest a little easier about things I purchased and should've known I would hate, knowing that Les bought a Metal Zone!

In all fairness, that was probably before they had the reputation they have now.

Also, +1 to playing those melodic parts. I've heard a lot of guys play fast, most of the time it's not flattering the way a soulful melody is.

1- Mine was Keeley Modified. And I play that stuff. Les should have known better and was only trying to relive his “Yute”

2- Keeley Mod!

3 - the hell you say!” ok, really I like both, and have always tried to do both as a player.

European here. Shame on PRS!

I pre-ordered the MT-15 amp in March at Andertons in GB, they first promised to deliver it in May, then in July. Yesterday I got an update saying that expected date of arrival is now October 31. The same crap at major EU stores like Thomann, Musik-Produktiv and Musicstore. Guys at Andertons said it is PRS who constantly postpones delivery.

I am sure that MT-15 is a great amp, but PRS logistics and supply sucks.

Move to another alternative.
I have to agree. PRS blew it and they know it. Sell the head and roll the cabinet out one or two months later. They should have just waited and rolled out the kit when they had it. I just don't get it, would you buy a new computer with the hard drive to follow? And who cares if it is a need or want. PRS needs to be a bit more visible and give an official update. Why the silence?

I have to agree. PRS blew it and they know it. Sell the head and roll the cabinet out one or two months later. They should have just waited and rolled out the kit when they had it. I just don't get it, would you buy a new computer with the hard drive to follow? And who cares if it is a need or want. PRS needs to be a bit more visible and give an official update. Why the silence?

Consider the possibility that the overseas supplier of this cab - a third party contractor - is slowing the process.

A lot of folks were clamoring for the amp, something that will work with any cab, including PRS’ other cabs.

They’ll sell a lot more heads than cabs. It wouldn’t be sensible to wait to release the head. Re: making a statement, as Henry Ford said, “Never complain, never explain.”

Consider the possibility that the overseas supplier of this cab - a third party contractor - is slowing the process.

A lot of folks were clamoring for the amp, something that will work with any cab, including PRS’ other cabs.

They’ll sell a lot more heads than cabs. It wouldn’t be sensible to wait to release the head. Re: making a statement, as Henry Ford said, “Never complain, never explain.”

Agreed. V30 cabs are so ubiquitous, tons of people buying the head will already have something compatible. Granted, cabs can sound different even with the same speakers, but I bet a lot of people will go with their own cab, and feel no need to buy the PRS 1x12.

For example, I would be perfectly happy going into my SE 2x12, but I don't have the MT15, so I can't say that for sure.

So ask me this afternoon.

;)

Back