MT 15

I normally agree 100% with your statement. It will be interesting to hear how it sounds cranked up to that band volume. We haven't heard a low wattage amp like this with 6L6 tubes. A lot of that tube saturation, mid push and flub happens because most of those amps are running EL84 which just tend to do that when cranked up. This is a different ballgame and I have to think they went with 6L6's for good reason. We'll see.

Pretty much agree with every word, I would LOVE it if this could replace my 50W. As it is, it might have to be an addition for the home running half power. Want.

I hear you guys... I'm right up there at the front of the line of people hoping to be proven wrong! I hadn't considered the effect of having 6L6's in a 15 watt amp - just not something I've ever experienced.

I will say this, after hearing the official demo, that thing sounds damn good. Maybe a tad less mid honk, and more top end bite than the Archon? I'm torn on whether I should just get one for home and light recording use - and honestly, those gigs where I don't have a blasting loud drummer, even the clean tone is immense. I'm somewhere in the quagmire of, do I want to wait for a larger version (and how long will that take, considering how long this one took), do I want to just be break down and go for an Archon, do I want to just get one because screw the future and I'll still end up using it even if another comes out? I know they mentioned a 100 watt, honestly 40-50 would do it for me. I know my whining about 15 watts makes it sound like I'm one of those massive wankers that has to haul a 100 watt half stack to every gig - I'm really not! My 50 into a 2x12 is all the amp I ever want to move around, and if I didn't have a seriously loud drummer to keep up with it would happily be less than that.

Let me also state, I'm not complaining that this first MT amp is 15 watts... well, maybe I am for my own sake, but as a market decision, I think PRS really nailed this release. Obviously there is massive demand for it, probably more pre-orders already than any other amp they've ever made!

I hear you guys... I'm right up there at the front of the line of people hoping to be proven wrong! I hadn't considered the effect of having 6L6's in a 15 watt amp - just not something I've ever experienced.

I will say this, after hearing the official demo, that thing sounds damn good. Maybe a tad less mid honk, and more top end bite than the Archon? I'm torn on whether I should just get one for home and light recording use - and honestly, those gigs where I don't have a blasting loud drummer, even the clean tone is immense. I'm somewhere in the quagmire of, do I want to wait for a larger version (and how long will that take, considering how long this one took), do I want to just be break down and go for an Archon, do I want to just get one because screw the future and I'll still end up using it even if another comes out? I know they mentioned a 100 watt, honestly 40-50 would do it for me. I know my whining about 15 watts makes it sound like I'm one of those massive wankers that has to haul a 100 watt half stack to every gig - I'm really not! My 50 into a 2x12 is all the amp I ever want to move around, and if I didn't have a seriously loud drummer to keep up with it would happily be less than that.

Let me also state, I'm not complaining that this first MT amp is 15 watts... well, maybe I am for my own sake, but as a market decision, I think PRS really nailed this release. Obviously there is massive demand for it, probably more pre-orders already than any other amp they've ever made!
I AM one of those massive wankers! :)

I'm torn on whether I should just get one for home and light recording use - and honestly, those gigs where I don't have a blasting loud drummer, even the clean tone is immense. I'm somewhere in the quagmire of, do I want to wait for a larger version (and how long will that take, considering how long this one took), do I want to just be break down and go for an Archon

You want to just break down and go for an Archon, because you can get the wattage and power you need, and it’ll sound great.

Just do it. This amp won’t meet your needs if you’re on the fence.

Man that thing sounds killer on both channels...already pre-ordered for what is expected to be an April delivery (but you know how that goes)!!! Was about ready to pick up a used 25W Archon combo for a second practice/bedroom amp, but so glad I held off as I can just ram this on top of one of my 1x12 cabs and away we go! Using my 5150 III for gigs now, but clean channel is ...meh... If they put this out in a 50 or 100 watt head down the road...decisions, decisions...

I’m in no way a “djentleman”, but that thing seems like excellent value for $$

I’m GASing hard for one of these but I’m gonna hold out. I have a Dual Rectifier and TC50 at home (yes I’m a Mesa fanboy) that covers all the ground I need.

HOWEVER, if Tremonti makes a 100W version... I may trade both to get one.

There may be none more black, but it's not a pirate's amp...

"Arrr, will ye take a gander yonder at the tiny amp, boys? The hilt of me cutlass be bigger'n that."

"But listen, it goes 'guzz guzz guzz gezonkt guzz guzz, see?"

"So does me electric razor, boy, only me razor is louder."

"Wait...you're saying pirates have electric razors?"

"Arrr, does ye think we get Harry's razors delivered via FedEx to our ships on the Spanish Main, boy? Now play me 'Yo ho ho and a bottle o' rum!' and be quick about it."

There may be none more black, but it's not a pirate's amp...

"Arrr, will ye take a gander yonder at the tiny amp, boys? The hilt of me cutlass be bigger'n that."

"But listen, it goes 'guzz guzz guzz gezonkt guzz guzz, see?"

"So does me electric razor, boy, only me razor is louder."

"Wait...you're saying pirates have electric razors?"

"Arrr, does ye think we get Harry's razors delivered via FedEx to our ships on the Spanish Main, boy? Now play me 'Yo ho ho and a bottle o' rum!' and be quick about it."
Nice one Les.

I think they picked the wrong guy when they made the Pirates of the Caribbean films!

DTR might not get you into spandex for your album cover, but maybe an eye patch and a bandana?!;)

Back