MT 15

Well when you and I start our “Transatlantic Thrash Jazz” duo - Ruthenium Cloud, those tubes are gonna get more than 3 hours exercise, so get busy!;)

Do I get to play electric accordion in this band? It’s kinda my dream, you know.

It occurs to me that it might be worth moving to Eastern Europe, where the accordion is still appreciated.

Last edited:
Do I get to play electric accordion in this band? It’s kinda my dream, you know.

It occurs to me that it might be worth moving to Eastern Europe, where the accordion is still appreciated.

With the right jaunty hat, maybe I could do a solo act...

Only if you grow a moustache that length and learn to express yourself, using only your eyebrows!;)

I just got home from an event at my local PRS dealer, Guitars USA in Lexington, NC. While there, I talked to Clay, the PRS rep. He told me the first production batch of 500 MT-15 amps arrived in Baltimore the day before PRS Experience. They've been checking them out and the first shipments went out to dealers today. They're expecting the next batch of 1500 amps in July and that should be enough to catch up on the existing orders. He brought one with him and I heard a lot of people playing through it. Sounds really good.

My MT15 I had on preorder is shipping today or tomorrow from Sweetwater...will have her in a few days! Cabs are not in yet, but will use my Orange 1x12 for now...should be very similar sound with V30 and most other specs similar....16 ohm thank goodness!

Thought my rep was playing a cruel joke on me when he called...seems like we've all been waiting for years :)

I'm almost ashamed to ask this, but am gonna anyways to be on the safe side!!! Brain fart moment...

I think I'm going to run my MT15 through my Mesa 2x12 cab instead. Since there is a 16 ohm out and 2-8 ohm parallel outs on the back of the MT15, not sure how to safely hook it up to the Mesa 8 ohm cab. I know there are a lot of you that will know the answer...thanks in advance!

Can I just use one of the parallel 8 ohm outs on the back of the MT15 and run into the mesa cab or is it different because they're parallel outs?

Yes, you connect to one of the 8 ohm jacks.

If you had two 16 ohm cabs, you would connect to both of the 8 ohm jacks, because combined resultant impedance is 16/2 = 8.

If you get another 8 ohm cab, you would want to use dual 4 ohm jacks. Does the MT15 have that?

My MT15 I had on preorder is shipping today or tomorrow from Sweetwater...will have her in a few days! Cabs are not in yet, but will use my Orange 1x12 for now...should be very similar sound with V30 and most other specs similar....16 ohm thank goodness!

Thought my rep was playing a cruel joke on me when he called...seems like we've all been waiting for years :)

I didn't even get a call! Just a canned email that my order shipped. On the positive side, it shipped overnight. Guess who's doorbell rang at 8:45 this morning!

I get the feeling that this is going to be the hottest thread on the forum for a few weeks. Don't say "trending" though... I hate that term

I am so jealous of you guys that have yours already. Please tell us what you think so far when you have some time. That is if you can pry yourselves away from the amp for a bit lol! Cant wait til mine arrives.

I’d be a little jealous too, except for one thing... ARCHON.

I’m really interested to hear how Tremonti revoice this thing though, because everything he said in the video is right in my wheelhouse!

I get the feeling that this is going to be the hottest thread on the forum for a few weeks. Don't say "trending" though... I hate that term

Your post is trending. Several of my posts are trending. The market is trending. Fashion is trending. Some of my soundcloud tracks have been trending.

Trending, trending, trending
Keep them dogies trending,
Trending, trending trending...
Rawhide!

Got any other nouns that became verbs that you hate? I have a few. Many of them are corporate-speak (there’s a verb that became a noun, which I also hate). In fact, I hate myself and everyone else, which is why I spend all of my time in a basement.

:)

Last edited:
Back