MT 15

Man, this is presenting me with a big dilemma. I would probably love this for recording, but want to have the ability to play it live too.

I’m all about big iron, so if it was me I’d get the Archon, but if you like the tone, couldn’t you mic it up at the gig?

That way you’d have a low power amp for not waking babies up. ;)

Hmm, included footswitch is one-button, for channel switching only. yet it has an effects loop, so obviously the effects loop is "always on" if plugged in.

I'm OK with that, I have that on a non-PRS amp, I guess I'm just used to seeing effects loop foot switch control on PRS amps.
Be nice if it isn't a weird proprietary switch so you can connect it to standard switchers and looper.

Okay, the MT 15 for me takes this meme to a new level.

1Jz5dICg.jpg

This is exactly the sort of format release I've been hoping for, and fills a precise tonal and functional niche at an amazing price point. With 6L6s.

Done and done, I just have to finish two existing projects first.

I’m all about big iron, so if it was me I’d get the Archon, but if you like the tone, couldn’t you mic it up at the gig?

That way you’d have a low power amp for not waking babies up. ;)

Yeah... but, Archon and Torpedo. I really should get the Torpedo, because the insulation in our inner walls is basically nonexistent, even 15 watts will be too much.

Yeah... but, Archon and Torpedo. I really should get the Torpedo, because the insulation in our inner walls is basically nonexistent, even 15 watts will be too much.

The Torpedo’s a great idea, because you can use it with all of your amps.

However, you have my permission to get one of these MT15s. It’s small enough to hide inconspicuously out of sight. Your wife will never notice it.

Hook it up to a Torpedo instead of using a cab, and it just looks like a piece of weird studio gear.

She’d notice the Archon.

I’m so helpful at being sneaky, right?

And people wonder why I got two Black Gold 594s... :cool:

I’ll probably get one. Something unassuming sitting next to the couch appeals to me right now. Plus it’ll provide ambient lighting.

I’m interested to see how “big” it sounds.

There are ways obviously to get "only" 15 watts from 2 6L6s, but this is most interesting to me to see how it "sounds." Because, for years people have claimed certain tonal qualities for bigger vs. smaller tubes and in the grand scheme of things, it's not quite that simple. Bigger iron and higher voltage is a big part of it too. So I'm very anxious to hear this. I could speculate they went smaller iron and maybe also lower voltage. If so, we'll get to hear this vs. other EL84 based amps of similar wattage and see just how much of the bigger amp tone this amp can retain. I'm sure they went this route for a reason (vs. EL84) so I'm actually very curious to hear it. And I don't just mean recordings, I mean play one. Also noting the cab which seems BIG for a 1x. Again, they are going for a bigger sound. Dont' want to go to all that trouble then have it choked off by a smaller sounding cab. Well thought out so far... now let's hear it.

You could probably mod to green.

That’d work for me. It’d also be a nice reminder: Green means go, play clean guitar. Red would be please stop with the distortion... maybe it should be yellow instead. You know, hurry up with that guitar solo, be cautious of the shredding.

Back