MT 15

Some bad news for yall from my local dealer.

Shipping of MT15s has been pushed back to July, as demand for the Silver Sky has pushed back production of a number of other PRS products.

Not sure if this applies to US dealers, but looks like we may see delays here.
I know it’s “bad news” for those having to wait. But great news for PRS, having plenty of business:D

I wonder if I took the Mt15 to a local amp guy ,if I could have the chassis put into head shell and transformers swapped to handle 50 watts
I figure it would be pretty easy to get it in the head shell and keep the preamp circuit ,just swap out transformer for something slightly bigger or it maybe even easier by just having to change screen resistors ,and upping the voltage
would love to have the extra headroom ,custom MT50

Shipping of MT15s has been pushed back to July, as demand for the Silver Sky has pushed back production of a number of other PRS products.

That's strange. I wonder why one would have anything to do with the other. The Silver Sky is made in the USA and the MT 15 is made in China. I haven't heard anything from my dealer on my pre-order being delayed....yet anyways.

That's strange. I wonder why one would have anything to do with the other. The Silver Sky is made in the USA and the MT 15 is made in China. I haven't heard anything from my dealer on my pre-order being delayed....yet anyways.
Yeah, that does sound strange. It's not like it would be the same guys building the amps as build the guitars, even if both were manufactured in the US - I would think

Cue the weeping and gnashing of teeth...
and rumors of the SE Silver Sky! ;)

Same thing I was thinking. I had a call from my guy last week, and he was still saying April. Guess we'll wait and see.

Edit: Although, Paul did say on more than one of the NAMM videos that they had taken orders for 1,500 of the MT-15s. Maybe it's the same ISSUE as the Silver Sky. Demand outweighs supply. Gotta build more!

It might be that this trade war our President has started with China may delay release further, or cause the price to go up, or both.

While it MAY be delayed, I would suspect that the delay results from other issues and is not related to the Silver Sky. Possibly volume related.

In either case, it is wholly unacceptable. Pitchfork nation, unite!! Who is with me?!!!

Kevin

I’ll get out the torches and pitchforks and storm the castle just for the sheer hell of messing with Dr. Frankenstein.

While it MAY be delayed, I would suspect that the delay results from other issues and is not related to the Silver Sky. Possibly volume related.

In either case, it is wholly unacceptable. Pitchfork nation, unite!! Who is with me?!!!

Kevin

I’ll get out the torches and pitchforks and storm the castle just for the sheer hell of messing with Dr. Frankenstein.

Since I've got one on order, I'm with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take this for what it's worth...YMMV...and don't pitchfork the messenger Dr. Frankenstein!

My dealer just informed me that the arrival date for the MT15 (and matching cab) has been pushed back 5 to 7 weeks....they're a signature dealer that usually gets them higher up in the pecking order, so that could be a sign of an overall delay. Pushed for the reason and none was given...just speculation at this point.

I do hope this isn't the case and the dealer I have my pre-order through is just an exception or it's misinformation. Anyways, GREAT things come to those with patience!!!

I got a call yesterday from my Sweetwater Rep and he said the MT15 was looking at late May before they get them in there.

You guys keep getting those MT15's... that way the road will be clear for me when the MT100 comes out!!! Just listened to the official clip of the MT15 again and it's so righteous. Just need a little more juice. In all reality, super jealous of you guys that are getting them.

I went to demo other things today and looky what I found: :eek:

9hZgPgrg.jpg

WANT. Holy #@$%, what a little fire-breather. Love how it's voiced, it's even beefier than I hoped with plenty of all the right mids.
A trusty tuned-down P22 and I had a blast with this thing.

I went to demo other things today and looky what I found: :eek:

9hZgPgrg.jpg

WANT. Holy #@$%, what a little fire-breather. Love how it's voiced, it's even beefier than I hoped with plenty of all the right mids.
A trusty tuned-down P22 and I had a blast with this thing.
Ummm, where?

The delay in delivering the MT15 has nothing to do with the Silver Sky. The guitar and amp production lines do not cross. The latest word on the MT15 is that they will be at the retailers on June 15.
Still foaming at the mouth for this one. I would prefer to un-like your post simply because I don't want to wait that long, but not an option!!

Kevin

The delay in delivering the MT15 has nothing to do with the Silver Sky. The guitar and amp production lines do not cross. The latest word on the MT15 is that they will be at the retailers on June 15.

All good things come to those who wait.....

I tried clicking my red ruby shoes three times too........

Back