Mt 15 - Unable to switch to lead

JCharbneau

Hi All,
Was trying to google / search forums to see if anyone had similar issues, but so far haven't seen much related to this.

Haven't been playing a lot lately, and when I do, its usually been more bluesy licks, so haven't really switched to the lead channel in a while. Today, I tried to switch over, and nothing. Just stayed in clean. I thought maybe it was a connection issue (I have a temple audio pedal board, with the connector for ease of grab and go) - got that out of the mix, plugged the mt15 foot switch directly to the head foot switch jack and still nothing. unplugged the foot switch and tried to just toggle the mini-switch in the front. Still stuck on the clean channel (it seems, its light is blue and plays really sparkly ;-) ).

Any thoughts? Is this a send it in to PTC type of issue? The head is maybe 18 months old or so if that matters/helps.

Thanks all, sorry if I missed this in another post.

Jess

Sounds like a possible relay issue to me. I had a similar problem with my Mesa Mk V, it wouldn't engage channel 2 (of 3) and it turned out to be a switching relay. Sounds like a PTC issue. If it isn't in warranty and you're competent with electronics, you could try to handle it yourself.
By the way, welcome to the forum!

hi @goat-n-gitter - thanks for the reply! I'm not confident enough in my electronics skill to tackle that (at this point). I'll reach out to PTC on Monday and see what their thoughts are on repairing it.

Thanks again!
Jess

Back