MT-15 makes bad buzzing on attack

Gameratxb

Whenever I play on the clean channel its super buzzy and the sustain sucks. The lead channel is also very harsh and the gain seems to have little effect. This is my first tube amp and first time playing the amp, bought practically new. Anybody know what the issue is? MT-15 prs amp.
Heres a link to a video of it(had to bypass spam blockers)
vimeo (dotcawm) /382703145

Sounds like a tube went bad. Have you checked the tubes (do you know how to check the tubes)?
I checked the pre amp tubes by tappin on them with a pencil and one sounded off I thought, but replacing it didn't do anything. Power tubes maybe?

I checked the pre amp tubes by tappin on them with a pencil and one sounded off I thought, but replacing it didn't do anything. Power tubes maybe?

Could be power tubes. Or could be that a bad preamp tube isn’t showing up by the tap test. The best way is to take a known good tube, put it into the first slot, if no change, move on to the next slot, etc. Works pretty much the same way with power tubes.

Could be power tubes. Or could be that a bad preamp tube isn’t showing up by the tap test. The best way is to take a known good tube, put it into the first slot, if no change, move on to the next slot, etc. Works pretty much the same way with power tubes.
Ok thanks ill try that

Back