MT 15 and Helix LT channel switching

My pleasure.
Line 6 doesn't always make this advanced stuff easy, but once you get it working, it can become indispensable (it sure is for me). Once you work your amp switching into snapshots along with effects, it's hard to go back to the tap dance.
Agreed! Here's a link to the video I did about this very topic. (FF to 17:27) I tried to give you a shout out in the beginning of the video but because of technical difficulties no one could hear it LOL.
that's why you have to fast forward to 17 minutes 27 seconds. At that point, I fixed the glitch.

Both ts and trs will work no problem, the issue is that the mt 15 sends a small amount of current through the switch jack to achieve its channel switching, some people with other amps were able to fix this by cutting the ground wire in the cable but that will not work with the mt15.
I ended up getting a voodoo lab control switcher to change channels with the helix via midi. Works great
Have you had any issues with the footswitch jack after using the voodoo labs control switcher. Do you have any hum when connecting the control switcher to the footswitch jack on the amp? The original footswitch uses low voltage to switch the relay and heard that using another footswitch can damage the amp.

To set up a Helix with a Voodoo labs Control Switcher, you need to go into the Helix Command Center screen. Touch the Helix footswitch you want to assign, and set the command to CC toggle, the midi channel to whatever channel your switcher is set to (probably 1) The CC# is 80 for switch 1 through 83 for switch 4, the dim value is set to 0 and the lit value is set to 127. I don't remember if I had to do anything to the control switcher to set it up for CC mode, read the manual to be sure. You'll need to do this for each preset, or copy the preset with the footswitches set up to other addresses and add FX.

When in doubt, RTFM (read the friendly manual).

I have followed this as well with no luck. I am using the hx effects instead of the helix, but I believe this should still be applicable. It would be much appreciated if you could help in any way. Thanks.

Agreed! Here's a link to the video I did about this very topic. (FF to 17:27) I tried to give you a shout out in the beginning of the video but because of technical difficulties no one could hear it LOL.
that's why you have to fast forward to 17 minutes 27 seconds. At that point, I fixed the glitch.

I have followed your video with the exception of using the hx effects instead of the helix. I am having no luck in getting this to work. Any help would be much appreciated. I should note I am not using 4cm, but I don’t believe that is required for channel changing via midi?

I have followed this as well with no luck. I am using the hx effects instead of the helix, but I believe this should still be applicable. It would be much appreciated if you could help in any way. Thanks.

Sorry not to have replied sooner. My earlier posts in this thread pretty well sum up everything I have had to do to keep my setup working. It has taken some perseverance, and not a little bit of frustration. If there are any known issues/quirks for the HX effects, chances are someone will have discussed them in the Line 6 forums, that is where I found out about the problem I had with certain firmware updates.
Keep at it, you'll get there.

Back