MT 15 and Helix LT channel switching

Daz-lp

Hi guys i got my MT15 during the week and i am trying to set it up with the helix for channel switching, i have watched a few vids on youtube but cant seem to get it to switch.
anyone running a helix with the mt15 might know what im doing wrong?

I don’t own a helix but took a quick look at the manual online.
Looks like you need to connect a TRS cable to the EXP pedal2 jack and the other end to the foot switch jack on the amp.
Then go into global settings and assign that EXP jack to switching.

Hope that helps

I don’t have a Helix, but it switches fine w/ my Fractal FX8 & the TRS Relay switching......

I’m sure that the Helix manual covers this & or, maybe you’re just using the wrong cable.

Good luck, X

Thank you guys for the help. i figured it out . in preferences i had to change exp2/amp out to amp out. ts and trs cables both work

I have the channel switching set up with an HX Effects.
I am using a TS cable. The switching works great, but I am getting terrific hum and other noises that disappear when I unplug the cable.
Would it make a difference to use a TRS cable instead?
Does the MT 15 pedal jack accept a TRS plug??
I notice the PRS pedal switch jack is only TS.
Thanks

Both ts and trs will work no problem, the issue is that the mt 15 sends a small amount of current through the switch jack to achieve its channel switching, some people with other amps were able to fix this by cutting the ground wire in the cable but that will not work with the mt15.
I ended up getting a voodoo lab control switcher to change channels with the helix via midi. Works great

I fixed this w/ the Ebtech Hum-X on the amps power cord to break the ground loop.

Good luck! X

That could work, I live in Ireland where unfortunatly that type of adapter will not work with our plugs over here

I have a Helix and I use the Voodoo Labs Control switcher to switch 3 channels and solo boost on my Mesa MK V. Great solution for isolating switching functions electrically between the units, plus you can contol up to four footswitches across any of your gear.

Both ts and trs will work no problem, the issue is that the mt 15 sends a small amount of current through the switch jack to achieve its channel switching, some people with other amps were able to fix this by cutting the ground wire in the cable but that will not work with the mt15.
I ended up getting a voodoo lab control switcher to change channels with the helix via midi. Works great
I'm trying to hook my mt15 up to my Helix for control as well I just received the voodoo Labs control switcher. I'm having a hard time getting everything to work. Would you mind posting how you made yours work? Thank you very much in advance.

Can you please tell us how you made it work?

I'm trying to hook my mt15 up to my Helix for control as well I just received the voodoo Labs control switcher. I'm having a hard time getting everything to work. Would you mind posting how you made yours work? Thank you very much in advance.

To set up a Helix with a Voodoo labs Control Switcher, you need to go into the Helix Command Center screen. Touch the Helix footswitch you want to assign, and set the command to CC toggle, the midi channel to whatever channel your switcher is set to (probably 1) The CC# is 80 for switch 1 through 83 for switch 4, the dim value is set to 0 and the lit value is set to 127. I don't remember if I had to do anything to the control switcher to set it up for CC mode, read the manual to be sure. You'll need to do this for each preset, or copy the preset with the footswitches set up to other addresses and add FX.

When in doubt, RTFM (read the friendly manual).

To set up a Helix with a Voodoo labs Control Switcher, you need to go into the Helix Command Center screen. Touch the Helix footswitch you want to assign, and set the command to CC toggle, the midi channel to whatever channel your switcher is set to (probably 1) The CC# is 80 for switch 1 through 83 for switch 4, the dim value is set to 0 and the lit value is set to 127. I don't remember if I had to do anything to the control switcher to set it up for CC mode, read the manual to be sure. You'll need to do this for each preset, or copy the preset with the footswitches set up to other addresses and add FX.

When in doubt, RTFM (read the friendly manual).
Thank you so much for the reply. we have tried exactly what you said and cannot seem to get it to work.
Are we missing a step here? Again thank you so much for the help

Thank you so much for the reply. we have tried exactly what you said and cannot seem to get it to work.
Are we missing a step here? Again thank you so much for the help

I just looked at the control switcher manual. You have to do a setup procedure to put it into CC mode. If you don't have the manual, it's available as a pdf at voodoo labs website. The procedure to change modes is about 8 pages in.

Also, I seem to recall that a couple of older Helix firmware versions broke the control change switching for me. Line 6 fixed it again in version 2.6, I believe.

Also, I seem to recall that a couple of older Helix firmware versions broke the control change switching for me. Line 6 fixed it again in version 2.6, I believe.
Thank you. I just updated my Helix to 2.82.
I'm going to see how this works. Again, thank you so much for the responses

finally got it working! Thank you very much for all of your help. I really appreciate it more than I could say.

My pleasure.
Line 6 doesn't always make this advanced stuff easy, but once you get it working, it can become indispensable (it sure is for me). Once you work your amp switching into snapshots along with effects, it's hard to go back to the tap dance.

Back