Mr. Tremonti....what have you there?

I like the idea of doing it. It looks a little weird indeed but most of the PRS elements of design are there, upside down or not.
It's definitelly not like going from a Les Paul to a SG. There is some cool thinking on that project.

They've posted on instagram that it's his new signature 7-string

A seven string singlecut??? Where did my wallet go? Oh there it is, in the corner, shaking....

Also just saw these guys at Rock Rocks with Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, and St Asonia and he didn't use the first one. He did have a plain black guitar which could have Been the seven stringer.

Last edited:
I like the idea of doing it. It looks a little weird indeed but most of the PRS elements of design are there, upside down or not.
It's definitelly not like going from a Les Paul to a SG. There is some cool thinking on that project.
First of all, I agree with you -- those cutouts look distinctly PRS-y (original pic). But not sure what you mean by upside-down -- what's upside-down about it?

A seven string singlecut??? Where did my wallet go? Oh there it is, in the corner, shaking....

Also just saw these guys at Rock Rocks with Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, and St Asonia and he didn't use the first one. He did have a plain black guitar which could have Been the seven stringer.

I doubt it. They haven't played "Show Me A Leader" live yet.

In fact, Brian Marshall posted this on Sunday:
6lvXRGFh.jpg

Is Mark borrowing Mike Mushok's guitar? Or maybe inviting him to play with AB for a song of one of their upcoming shows?

Not digging that body style, but Tremonti has turned into a monster player and I love the relationship that PRS has with its artists.

That explains the green screen picture, I guess…

There seem to be couple of their artists with seven-string guitars now. I'm hoping for a Core model one day.

Just saw AB in Charlotte. Fantastic show! Can confirm he is still using the black 7 stringer and well as the crazy Explorer type guitar. Interestingly, he's touring with his Mesa and Bogner amps rather than his Archon. Regardless, fantastic tone, fantastic show. 10/10, would see again.

Just saw AB in Charlotte. Fantastic show! Can confirm he is still using the black 7 stringer and well as the crazy Explorer type guitar. Interestingly, he's touring with his Mesa and Bogner amps rather than his Archon. Regardless, fantastic tone, fantastic show. 10/10, would see again.
I also recently saw AB at a smaller local venue in Minneapolis last Wednesday. I completely agree with you. Great show and energy. FANTASTIC tone. I'm not sure if it is because of the sound guys, or the venue size, but the sound beat the crap out of the entire show I saw at Red Rocks a couple of months back.

They played 'My Champion' live for the first time. My favorite of the new record so far.

Yes. Mark is using his new fangled angulated guitar thingy for several songs as well.

Looking forward to hearing the entire record on Friday morning.

Kevin

I think it looks pretty cool. I always loved the BC Rich Warlock shape as an eighties kid (still do), but most people I talk to think they are ugly, but then again I saw a lot of people saying the taylor solid bodies were ugly and I really thought the custom koa and walnut versions of those models were stunners. /shrug

Back