Mr. P Done Peed Out :(

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
I have tried everything, including 3 different new 9 volt batteries, but I am getting zero sound out of the piezo side of my P22.

Any suggestions/advice are most welcome-this guitar goes to every gig to cover quick acoustic changes at our shows.

Mark

Could the piezo ribbon cable have come loose under the bridge? Also, does the problem occur only when plugged into the mix input, or when using both, or all of the above?

Tom

I have checked all cables, Baggs box, wireless, etc. The electric side plays as normal. I've plugged it straight into an amp as well. There is just zilch on the piezo side. It occurs with only the piezo jack being used, or with both.

I have not checked the ribbon-can't say I've ever even noticed that. I will do that next.

I've never opened the electronics cover on my P22, but you might try popping it off to see if you can get to the battery terminals, in case they aren't making good contact. Depending on your electronic skills, you may be able to spot and/or repair any obvious issues. Barring that, it's probably time for a service call.

Tom

Back