Movie Quotes

Maxwell Smart in Get Smart

"Sure, Mom, I'll settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning."

Joe Pesci as "Tommy" to his "mom" (played by Martin Scorsese's mom) in "Goodfella's"

Try this one.......a classic.....

"You're a young girl, you should be at home. You should be dressed up, going out with boys, going to school, you know, that kind of stuff."

From a great film I watched the other day...

"Karla said you were very good, the one we had to worry about. But you do have a blind spot. And if I was known to be Ann's lover, you wouldn't be able to see me straight. And he was right, up to a point."

From a great film I watched the other day...

"Karla said you were very good, the one we had to worry about. But you do have a blind spot. And if I was known to be Ann's lover, you wouldn't be able to see me straight. And he was right, up to a point."

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Try this classic midnight feature, by one of my favorite directors (too many hints already)

"I thought I heard a stranger. We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made. Little damn things. Smaller than my fist. But they're new. Hi, I'm Bill."

Correct!

Gary Oldman was fantastic as George Smiley in that film.

Am I overly arrogant in knowing I was correct, and posting my new quote??

Someone has to know this one....a movie that deserves a thread of its own, IMO. Once again....

"I thought I heard a stranger. We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made. Little damn things. Smaller than my fist. But they're new. Hi, I'm Bill."

You guys need another hint? Very popular midnight movie in the 70's...possibly 2nd only to "Rocky Horror" as a midnight feature.

Directed by the king of surrealism. His movies walk a fine line between reality and dreaming.

Finally....a black and white film....whose director has never disclosed the underlying theme of the movie, although there are countless interpretations.

C'mon....here is the quote again....

You guys need another hint? Very popular midnight movie in the 70's...possibly 2nd only to "Rocky Horror" as a midnight feature.

Directed by the king of surrealism. His movies walk a fine line between reality and dreaming.

Finally....a black and white film....whose director has never disclosed the underlying theme of the movie, although there are countless interpretations.

C'mon....here is the quote again....

Henry Spencer, Eraser head

My turn is it

"What we've got here is failure to communicate, some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well he gets it, and I don't like it anymore than you men"

Last edited:

My turn is it

"What we've got here is failure to communicate, some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, we he gets it, and I don't like it anymore than you men"

Correct movie! Although it was not Henry...it was the girl's father in one of the opening scenes.

I know your answer, but let's let someone else solve it

My turn is it

"What we've got here is failure to communicate, some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well he gets it, and I don't like it anymore than you men"

Pretty sure it was the prison warden in Cool Hand Luke. Can't remember the characters actual name though. Cool line which I think I first heard in Civil War by GNR.

Here's a cool one by an awesome actor:

“This watch was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hannoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew that if the gooks ever saw the watch, they’d confiscate it, take it away. The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slope’s gonna’ put his greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it, in one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years he wore this watch, up his ass.”

Pretty sure it was the prison warden in Cool Hand Luke. Can't remember the characters actual name though. Cool line which I think I first heard in Civil War by GNR.

Here's a cool one by an awesome actor:

“This watch was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hannoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew that if the gooks ever saw the watch, they’d confiscate it, take it away. The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slope’s gonna’ put his greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it, in one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years he wore this watch, up his ass.”

Q: Who is the opposite of Christoper Reed?

A: Christopher Walken!

Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies. No line from the flick is going to escape me!

When you watch that scene, you can see that he can hardly keep his face straight. One of the greatest scenes ever. I'll think of another one soon.

OK....another of my favorite movies. Let's see who has been paying attention here. No fair looking back at old clues. Try to do this without sneaking a look at earlier posts. If nothing else, I am calling attention to another of my favorite flicks that I catch new nuances each time I watch it.

"A thousand years is but an instant. There's nothing new, nothing different. The same pattern over and over. The same clouds, the same music, the same insight I felt an hour or an eternity ago. There's nothing here for me now, nothing at all. Now I remember. This happened to me before. This is why I left. You have begun to find your answers. Although it will seem difficult, the rewards will be great. Exercise your human mind as fully as possible, knowing it is only an exercise. Build beautiful artifacts, solve problems, explore the secrets of the physical universe, savor the input from all the senses, feel the joy and sorrow, the laughter, the empathy, compassion and tote the emotional memory in your travel bag. I remember where I came from and how I became a human, why I hung around, and now my final departure is scheduled. This way out. Escaping velocity. Not just eternity, but infinity"

AND MORE...

"Yeah, but I'm still in it now. I, I can't get out of it. It's been going on forever, I keep waking up, but, but I'm just waking up into another dream. I'm starting to get creeped out, too. Like I'm talking to dead people. This woman on TV's telling me about how death is this dreamtime that exists outside of life. I mean, (desperate sigh) I'm starting to think that I'm dead."

Dreamers Waking life don't know the character (i had to knock on my mates door to get that one though)

"Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas..."

Dreamers Waking life don't know the character (i had to knock on my mates door to get that one though)

"Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas..."

Dennis Hopper/Photojournalist from Apocalypse Now

"They're eating her. Then they're going to eat me. ...Oh my God!........"

"They're eating her. Then they're going to eat me. ...Oh my God!........"

Arnold in Troll 2

next:

"No. No food. Sex. I want sex. Bring me some sex. No, no, no, that one. Bring me that one over there. That one. The sultry b*tch with the fire in her eyes. Take her clothes off! I want that one, yes. Take her clothes off and bring her to me now."

Last edited:
Back