Movie Quotes

You mean I guessed based on the history of the movie and I was right???? Never even saw the flick.

Oh well..open field. Please anyone...feel free to contribute before I feel the urge to try another quote from "Up in Smoke" again.

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."

Tuco - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Here's an easy one: "I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed...by a dwarf. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object."

"I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed...by a dwarf. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object."

David St. Hubbins in This is Spinal Tap

Two of my favorite characters:
Character A: "Apologize..."
Character B: "What? Me apologize to you??"
Character A: "You pompous, stuck-up, snot-nosed, English, giant, twerp, scumbag, f**k-face, d**khead, a**hole. "
Character B: "How very interesting. You're a true vulgarian, aren't you?"
Character A: "You're the vulgarian, you f**k. Now apologize!"

Hint: it's not Tom Brady and Ed Reed....

David St. Hubbins in This is Spinal Tap

Two of my favorite characters:
Character A: "Apologize..."
Character B: "What? Me apologize to you??"
Character A: "You pompous, stuck-up, snot-nosed, English, giant, twerp, scumbag, f**k-face, d**khead, a**hole. "
Character B: "How very interesting. You're a true vulgarian, aren't you?"
Character A: "You're the vulgarian, you f**k. Now apologize!"

Hint: it's not Tom Brady and Ed Reed....
Otto and Archie - A Fish Called Wanda

Actor 1: That doesn't interest me Doctor and, frankly, it's the sort of thing that Miggs would say.
Actor 2: Not anymore...

Last edited:
Otto and Archie - A Fish Called Wanda

Actor 1: That doesn't interest me Doctor and, frankly, it's the sort of thing that Miggs would say.
Actor 2: Not anymore...

That's "Silence of the Lambs" of course. Jodie Foster's role (Agent Sparrow IIRC) to Hannibal Lecter.

My quotes to follow.

Last edited:
Here ya go.....Haven't seen this in nearly 30 years, but the quote stands out in my mind......

"Do you know why the number two hundred is so vitally descriptive to both you and me? It's your weight and my I.Q."

Here ya go.....Haven't seen this in nearly 30 years, but the quote stands out in my mind......

"Do you know why the number two hundred is so vitally descriptive to both you and me? It's your weight and my I.Q."

Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor!

"Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep" aka "Blade Runner" - Leon just before he tries to give Harrison Ford a 3 Stooges eye poke.

next...

"One man's mundane and desperate existence is another man's Technicolor."

Here's an easy one: "I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed...by a dwarf. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object."

Little known fact: This scene was based on a true story. It was Black Sabbath who ordered the Stonehenge replica, but it was made too big, not too small. According to Geezer Butler, the setpiece was measured in meters instead of feet and was too big to fit on any stage anywhere.

220px-AirheadsSoundtrack.jpg

"Hey! What about me?

Go for broke. lt's on the LAPD.

Oh..... l want a PRS Guitar.... with the dragon inlay!"

Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?

Lemmy?

[Rex imitates a game show buzzer]

... God?

Wrong, d*^$head, trick question - Lemmy IS God.

Time to resurrect this thread....easy one to get the ball rolling....

"You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest.....wiiiiiiith.......a herring!"

I believe that's good ol' Monty Python's Holy Grail

What about the one I posted earlier... "One man's mundane and desperate existence is another man's Technicolor."
Hint: bit of an odd movie - but a had a lot of interesting quotes.

I believe that's good ol' Monty Python's Holy Grail

What about the one I posted earlier... "One man's mundane and desperate existence is another man's Technicolor."

Well....you are correct...and you let did let your old one kinda die out...you gotta prod, probe and maybe give some more hints, since we all hit a dead end on that one. Stay on it this time! Someone will get it.

You're right, although I'll concede - this one is a bit too out of the mainstream... Permission to google granted... But before you do one more hint, released 1995.

You're right, although I'll concede - this one is a bit too out of the mainstream... Permission to google granted... But before you do one more hint, released 1995.

had to Google to get it...

Tick in Strange Days

next up:

Character 1: I think it's only fair to warn you, this facility is surrounded by a highly trained team of 130 Black Op Snipers.
Character 2: I don't believe you.
Character 1: Would you believe two dozen Delta Force Commandos?
Character 2: No.
Character 1: How about Chuck Norris with a BB gun?

had to Google to get it...

Tick in Strange Days

next up:

Character 1: I think it's only fair to warn you, this facility is surrounded by a highly trained team of 130 Black Op Snipers.
Character 2: I don't believe you.
Character 1: Would you believe two dozen Delta Force Commandos?
Character 2: No.
Character 1: How about Chuck Norris with a BB gun?

Maxwell Smart in Get Smart

"Sure, Mom, I'll settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning."

Back