Motley Crue movie trailer better than band?

none of my favorite singers can sing, but they’re better than vince. i lke vince, but the actor playing him looks more like the rick parfitt.

Im
it’ll do until the 10cc miniseries trailer.

wasn’t (really) meant as a slight; mc have a lot of hits and they did dress the part, which is something. something like the village people.
none of my favorite singers can sing, but they’re better than vince. i lke vince, but the actor playing him looks more like the rick parfitt.
Ok that's fair.

finally got through it, obviously the writer saw ‘24 hour party people’, a better movie about better bands, but it’s well known i can’t stand mc and i liked it alright. i think i have seen more of these goons talking anout themselves on headbangers ball than i have listened to their music (which in the movie even the band recognize as crap — they run out of listenable mc singles in the middle and switch to johnny thunders); they seem like nice enough people. vince especially is way more charming than the actor playing him. great things about this movie:

- the part where tommy picks up a fake rock on a set and goes ‘fake rock!’
- the part where sammy hagar says van halen (‘right now’) is making people think (not filmed: vince later copies sammy and opens a tequila label)
- nikki says he wants publishing rights or something and elektra is like, ‘fine’ - it’s not even a plot point
- timeline is all wonk because sometimes omniscient characters play themselves in flashbacks and speak in the wrong tense
- no allister fiend cartoon mascot
- no mention of their only #1 single (which is ‘without you’, and truly terrible)
- side by side outtakes during the credits

hope they make another one, maybe about ratt and dokken.

Back