Most strat sounding PRS - any 513 owners?

For me the operative question is "Which Strat can do all the things a 513, 408 or Brent Mason PRS does?"

And the answer is, "None."

So true!

I've owned over 100 Strats...yes, I might have a problem! Most of them are gone, and only one of them that I will never sell. One true keeper out of over a 100.

Meanwhile, out of my small PRS collection, most of them are keepers and dominate my favorite top ten of my collection. Viva PRS!

That said, buy a cheap Nashville Tele! Get some Twang! I've never heard a 513 Neck's pickup do the Strat/Tele neck pickup thing quite like the original. Buy it used and cheap, because it will probably get dumped down the road...but if you've never had one, you got to! Bucket List.

Another option is watch eBay for a $1,200 Nash Strat (or Tele)...they occasionally sell for that, just be patient. Usually a safe bet they will sound decent. Play it for 6 months and sell it for $1,400. You get to have the experience and come out even (after EvilBay takes their cut).

305 does all the Strat things and feels like a PRS with a set neck and no pick guard it can have a bit more beef that a typical strat just lower the pickups way down it just works ( raise the pickups for a more modern PRS like sound )

Back