Most recent PRS guitars

Egads

One, Two, THIRTEEN!
Well, I haven't posted photos since the Photobucket scandal of 2017. Here's a shot of the some of the recent PRSs:

PnxAVOI.jpg

I've moved the Mira, P22 stop tail, and SC HB Standard.

Are you kidding? Where did you get it? Do you still have it? It had early 57/08s.

God, I love this place.

Dead serious. I bought it off TGP from some guy in Oregon like, three years ago, and mostly for the 57/08’s. I thought I’d pull them out and sell the guitar but wound up falling in love with it. I found out it was yours from google images :D

kIb98PX.jpg

@11top helped me complete the look you started with some rosewood rings.

That is hilarious! I sold it to a local guy, who wanted it for a back-up. It's a traveler. I'm glad you ended with it, and are giving it some love.let me know if you ever look to move it.

Dig the rings. I got a set, but they were really wonky. I sold it before finding another set.

Killer family, and I agree with Sergio; that Mira is bada$$! It's a fun one to play, for sure.

What color is the P22 Trem? In that shot it looks like a faded blue from the 80s, and I dig it!

Here are three others I moved (minus the SC HBII, which is a Charleston Heston guitar! ). I forgot I snapped this one.

This 513 was really light (sub 7 lbs! Casi, you would have loved it) and much brighter than my other. I liked, but didn't love, it.

The Studio was cool, but seemed redundant with the 513.

I wanted a 408 from the day they launched, but didn't click. It was an Artist and had a Brazzy board, but...too much electric blue for me.

The amp is a Sweet 16+, and I love and dislike it. I fell in love with a regular Sweet 16, but knew I couldn't gig with it. So, this was ordered. It sounds great, but doesn't sound like the Sweet 16. The master has to be 3/4 to full open, and it is too loud for most of my gigs. It hasn't liked any of the attenuators I've thrown at it. Some speaker swaps have ensued, but I still haven't nailed it down.

QSRnMhj.jpg

Last edited:
Killer family, and I agree with Sergio; that Mira is bada$$! It's a fun one to play, for sure.

What color is the P22 Trem? In that shot it looks like a faded blue from the 80s, and I dig it!

It's Obsidian. I love the dirty top. Thanks, Brian!

Love that Obsidian!

Me, too! When I started looking for a Trem version, I was hoping for Obsidian, Leprechaun's Tooth, or Eriza Verde. I'm not that picky about tops, and wasn't looking for a 10. Then, this popped up at an insane price. It was too good to pass.

Last edited:
Dead serious. I bought it off TGP from some guy in Oregon like, three years ago, and mostly for the 57/08’s. I thought I’d pull them out and sell the guitar but wound up falling in love with it. I found out it was yours from google images :D

kIb98PX.jpg

@11top helped me complete the look you started with some rosewood rings.

More of the P22 Trem...

EhH5f8y.jpg

And the Mira, before Sergio's ring job...
WaV9r09.jpg

Loving that Mira!

Here's today's family photo. I had to get out to run some work-related errands today, and managed to swing by the rehearsal space where a couple of my guitars live. The P-22 needed some love (not work, just play time), and the Larrivee is my primary slide guitar at the moment. I realized that in the five years I've owned the P-22, it has never been in my house! For shame!

The Larrivee has a PRS tie-in: Hans donated a P-90 (from an SE One?) quite a while ago. It moved around a bit here, then ended up in a drawer for a couple years. The neck pup on the RS-2 is Larrivee's own P-90 take, and sounds absolutely amazing. It's my favorite one to date. The bridge pup was thin and microphonic as he!!. I tried a couple different pups before remembering Hans' SE P-90. It's a perfect fit. Sounds great, takes gain like a champ, and is as quiet as a standard P-90 can be. A PRS-ified Larrivee!

s9cbsbH.jpg

Here’s the new puppers that lives with our gear. The bass player’s wife is deaf (considering what we often sound like, that’s not as bad as it seems!), and had a service dog for 13 years. He just passed away in November. Coco here is the new dog, but is definitely NOT a service dog. I have never seen so much energy in my life!

0GiQady.jpg

Back