Most Flexible:

For me it would depend on what type of music you're playing. The 513 can get more different sounds but I prefer the tones from the DGT for classic rock or blues. The 408 is a little more modern sounding in the bridge but it's still got 8 very usable tones for what I like to play. The only thing both of those are missing is the neck
+ middle, middle + bridge strat tones. If you really can't live without those 2 sounds you'd need the 513 or Brent Mason. Of course those 2 are lacking the neck plus bridge combination without modding them. Therefore I've come to the conclusion you need a 408 and a Brent Mason to cover all the bases.:biggrin:

Yes. they are all about as flexible as it gets, and more importantly, as one needs. One might argue that the 513 is most flexible because it has the most settings.

I wouldn't pick up any one of those guitars and say, what could PRS do to push the envelope in terms of flexibility? Each one does their own thing and is a swiss army knife of great sounds.

Too much flexibilty, ie: too many switches, settings can be a burden. What a DGT or 408 does by simply rolling back the volume, or tone is incredible..

I use my DGT for everything. Metal, classic rock,hard rock,jazz ,blues and even classical. In the week I've had it, I can sum it up by saying it is the most flexible guitar I've ever owned. Roll the volume/tone off a bit and another tone has come to life. Split the coils and here we go again lol. I find the dgt has more balls then a les Paul , more bottom end and a whole lot of fun.

For me, the 513 is the most flexible because it covers more clean single coil ground while providing adequate distorted humbucking. The 408 and the DGT provide adequate cleans with excellent distorted humbucking.

And the winner IS

Nope! You are all wrong! :laugh:

Neither of those do piezo at all and are right out! :tongue:
So the most most flexible is the P22 or P22 Trem with Skitchy's PTC push/pull tone pot mod. :wink:

Humbuckers, single coil AND Piezo! IN ANY COMBINATION! Just Humbuckers, Just Single coil, just Piezo or Mix and match! :D

What versatility guys need is a double-neck semi-hollow body with 6 and 12 strings, with piezos on both, with 513 on one neck, 408 bridge & DGT neck pickup on the other neck, plus a midi pickup.

Plus one neck would have to be 'hog or RW and the other maple. And, oh yeah, half the back 'hog, and the other half swamp ash. Um, with a maple top on half, all 'hog on the other half.

Come to think of it, you might need three necks...

Hey, I'm almost there. I have three chins!

What versatility guys need is a double-neck semi-hollow body with 6 and 12 strings, with piezos on both, with 513 on one neck, 408 bridge & DGT neck pickup on the other neck, plus a midi pickup.

Plus one neck would have to be 'hog or RW and the other maple. And, oh yeah, half the back 'hog, and the other half swamp ash. Um, with a maple top on half, all 'hog on the other half.

Come to think of it, you might need three necks...

Hey, I'm almost there. I have three chins!

Touche :laugh:

IF one guitar could do it all, what would we tell our wives about why we need more than one guitar! ;)

I forgot about e Brent Mason! My gas died down for a while, but now it's back up!

I've got a 513 and a P22. My dream guitar is one of the three OP guitars or the Brent Mason WITH a piezo!

I have all of the above.

No question in my mind that the 513 is the most flexible (to me anyway...) The 408 (in Signature Limited form at least) is also very versatile, but it doesn't exactly cover other guitars in the same way. The DGT is to me it's own unique thing.

Having said all of that, my DGT gets more gig time than the Signature Limited or 513. I've recently re-fallen in love with my 513 though, and that may likely change...

I don't have a 408 but I have both of the others. The 513 is great at doing multiple tones well if you have a gig where you can only take 1 guitar then the 513 is your best bet. I know if I am playing country, blues and a little rock then the DGT is P E R F E C T.
Generally when I play out I take the 513, DGT, and my McRosie

I forgot about e Brent Mason! My gas died down for a while, but now it's back up!

I've got a 513 and a P22. My dream guitar is one of the three OP guitars or the Brent Mason WITH a piezo!
I'm actually thinking full sized 408 with the Brent Mason middle and neck pickups, and a Piezo. Add a switch or push/pull for neck and bridge pickups together. Throw that into a Korina backed maple cap body with a maple neck, rosewood board.

I'm actually thinking full sized 408 with the Brent Mason middle and neck pickups, and a Piezo. Add a switch or push/pull for neck and bridge pickups together. Throw that into a Korina backed maple cap body with a maple neck, rosewood board.

Sounds like you need another Vault visit.

As much as I am a champion of versatility, a wide variety of sounds is useless if the sound you need isn't actually included.

I personally love the original 5-way rotary Custom 24:
Great humbucking neck tone on position 6.
Great "neck and middle Strat quack" on position 7, fantastic for clean tones.
If you need to thicken that sound up, switch to position 8 and run the same coils in series instead of parallel.
Position 9 is great if you want to run through an acoustic sim pedal.
Great humbucking bridge tone on position 10.

I can get the exact mix of tones I want out of a Custom 24, which is why I haven't gone to a 408 or a 513. The 513 is certainly more versatile and can do single-coil tones very well, but I prefer the bridge humbucker on the Cu24, as well as the position 8 series-Strat sound.

Back