Most compatible strap locks?

LJD

Any preferred strap lock systems that can use the existing button screw on a new PRS?

I have Schaller Straplocks on all of my guitars which includes four SE models (one is my sons)
I plan on buying another set soon for my 408 when it gets here.

And I never use the Schaller screws, I just reuse the ones that came on the guitar.

Straplocks, cheap insurance for your pride and joy.

lg_x02_467974.jpg

I use Dunlops. I do find that most of the time i have to shim the screw holes because the native PRS fastener has a larger diameter.

Schallers, with a few StewMac buttons to avoid buying full sets.

Went with the Schallers. The guitar feels safe now, but they rattle. Any tricks to get rid of the rattle? I'm thinking of lining the cup with a soft tape.

Went with the Schallers. The guitar feels safe now, but they rattle. Any tricks to get rid of the rattle? I'm thinking of lining the cup with a soft tape.

Do the same thing I used to do when my car would rattle... Turn up the volume!

Jamie

http://www.lockitstraps.com

I highly recommend Lock-It Straps. They're very well made and as sturdy as any metal strap lock I've used (Schaller or Dunlop). In some cases, moreso. And they don't require that you alter the guitar. Especially nice for acoustics with endpin jacks. I have these on each of my PRSi and I have never had any problems. Granted, I'm not swinging the guitar around by the strap, but I wouldn't trust a metal straplock to do that, either.

I've yet to have any guitar strap come loose, ever, and I've been playing since 1967.

With a thick leather strap, I have a hard time getting the strap on and off a PRS even when I want to! I'm more than fine with stock.

I've had them pop off, and already had a near miss (catch) with my new HBII. Then this happened to my friend:
brkhb2.png

Back