Most Amazing Guitar Experience Ever

Thanks everyone, I'm really hoping that the walnut and mahogany help with the one other thing I was asking for in the design:

A lot of the finger style and country leans heavily on bringing out that bass note while playing, so I'm really shooting for a guitar that focuses the low range while still giving me upper-register clarity.

Walnut is way under-appreciated in the guitar world IMO. I’ve used it a lot and think it’s great. Nice choice. :)

Ya know, you guys aren't exactly helping me with my desire to inhibit GAS right now. Just saying that has my fingers twitching to go look on Reverb for PRSi with walnut...

Ya know, you guys aren't exactly helping me with my desire to inhibit GAS right now. Just saying that has my fingers twitching to go look on Reverb for PRSi with walnut...

You say "helping", I say "enabling". Potato, PotAHto...

Those guys in the photo's look like they are really enjoying what I imagine is your enthusiasm. Can only imagine how you felt :)

Lol, I AM one of those guys. I'm sure no one needs me to tell them which, or who the other is?

It was a rock and roll time for sure. It was nice to meet you and your brother. I loved the idea of your build and how it all came together. Very, very cool stuff.

Whoa! Doug, congrats on your new build - that’s going to be terrific. What a complete vision you brought to them as well. I think your choices are going to match your tone objectives pretty well.

The process can be intimidating given what I call the tyranny of choice - there are just SO MANY OPTIONS to choose from! But like you said, Tina and Paul Miles are awesome to work with. My local dealer was a huge help in my choices and it took a lot of pressure off. I still had a panic attack about 4 months later though! :)

Look forward to your future NPSGD!

Nice! It’s a great experience, one of the best things I’ve ever done. This was a little reminder of all that by reading your posts. I remember how excited I was. As painful as the wait is, it’s worth it in the end. In a few months, the PSF thread will be equally filled with anticipation.

Back