Most advanced guitar ever...

toothace

Zombie Thirteen, DFZ
m6VrHdW.gif

Take a scoot over to their website. Some pretty neat ideas

Once you’ve figured out which pickups you prefer and the novelty of changing them wears off you’re now stuck with a hollow guitar that comes apart for no reason.

I like the concept more than the execution.

CandidPicker

Building with Fireproof Materials
Thanks, I think I posted the same sometime after the OP had posted. Interesting concept. Wondering if this is the next wave of guitar tech?

ViperDoc

Plugged In.
I saw that. Clamshell bodies, bamboo fingerboards, mmm....meh. The engineering is killer, though. I do love how the pickup height is one screw, but wondered how the slant might not be perfect for all string sets, you know?

Last edited:

Black Plaid

Other Alan!
The sound seems to be a problem with instruments not designed with the inherent lossy-ness of wooden instruments. They sound too 'hi fi', the overdrive becomes too shrill.

If you are going to do a guitar like this, you have to match the pickups to the materials.

Last edited:

shimmilou

Established in 1963
And, you have to have special pups that will only work with this guitar and no others without modification. :rolleyes:

Acnestes

"If I can do it, it's not art." - Red Green
It's not a new idea. The old plexiglass Dan Armstrongs had replaceable/repositionable pickups, for one, and there was another one back in the 70's or 80's, Electro-something I think, that the Outlaws endorsed at one point. This guitar is a lot more upscale, though.

merciful-evans

Portsmouth uk
It's not a new idea. The old plexiglass Dan Armstrongs had replaceable/repositionable pickups, for one, and there was another one back in the 70's or 80's, Electro-something I think, that the Outlaws endorsed at one point. This guitar is a lot more upscale, though.

Sounds as if those ideas didnt catch on; or not enough to influence design beyond those models. Musicians are always slow to accept new ideas. Frequently the same idea needs to be reintroduced or tinkered with before it it eventually accepted into mainstream design.

Alnus Rubra

Loving nature’s wonders
Sounds as if those ideas didnt catch on; or not enough to influence design beyond those models. Musicians are always slow to accept new ideas. Frequently the same idea needs to be reintroduced or tinkered with before it it eventually accepted into mainstream design.

Especially different body shapes!