More than a year...

dcm_guitar

It has now been more than a year since I’ve ordered my 24-08. In that time I’ve seen Private Stock orders arrive on time and early. I’ve seen others who ordered their 24-08 5 months after mine receive their instrument.

The only reason I haven’t cancelled my order is because I like my dealer and don’t want them to have to take a guitar in that they thought they had already sold.

After repeated requests I can not even get an update. The PRS rep to my dealer will not answer any questions. The only answer over the last two months is, “We’re redoing the computer system at the factory and can’t provide updates.”

Sigh...... I wish I could just cancel the order.

That seems so un - PRS like, could your dealer have messed up your order ?
If they haven't built the guitar yet a don't think your dealer would be on the hook for the guitar.
Hope you get the guitar soon tho

I ordered a DGT last September (2017)...it’s November 2018 and it still is being cooked. I have the attention span of a gnat, so I’m pretty proud of myself that I haven’t lost my mind yet.

It’s also been helpful that I have no money, so paying the remaining amount hasn’t been an issue...YET.

It has now been more than a year since I’ve ordered my 24-08. In that time I’ve seen Private Stock orders arrive on time and early. I’ve seen others who ordered their 24-08 5 months after mine receive their instrument.

The only reason I haven’t cancelled my order is because I like my dealer and don’t want them to have to take a guitar in that they thought they had already sold.

After repeated requests I can not even get an update. The PRS rep to my dealer will not answer any questions. The only answer over the last two months is, “We’re redoing the computer system at the factory and can’t provide updates.”

Sigh...... I wish I could just cancel the order.

You cant judge by PS orders at all. Others getting theirs before you makes no sense at all, unless you had special requests that take more time??
They are not making money by NOT getting the guitar to you, so I would pressure the dealer for more info. Like someone said, possibly a mistake or held up order from the dealer???

Mine has several special requests. :D

It’s been cooking since Sep 2017 and it’s not even past rare yet. No updates too.

I’d rather they take their time and do a perfect job on it than rush. Hopefully it’ll be hooting success when it’s done!

tenor.gif

I'm waiting for a Silver Sky (going on 7 months) and I ordered a Special Semi-hollow. I finally had to stop holding my breath and begin breathing again. Both were ordered on the day of release. I wouldn't expect the Special Semi-hollow as I was informed that build time was 12-14 months. The Silver Sky, though, I would have thought I would have had it already......oh well......I'll just keep waiting. I'm just glad I'm not the only one with waiting heart burn.

Reactions: Tag
Back